By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Killzone 2 to drive XBox 360 owners to PS3, claims Sony"

his statement is extremely broad, if two Xbox 360 owners bought a PS3 because of Killzone 2 his statement is instantly true. There is no way anyone can deny this fact because there is bound to be more that two Xbox 360 owns who bought a PS3 for Killzone 2 in the world.

So I have to give Sony credit, this statement is completely true, Killzone 2 has been successful at bringing X360 owners to the PS3. So congrats Sony on getting some X360 owners to buy a PS3.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
seece said:
Bluewing said:
seece said:

God give me strenght .... you new users should lurk the site for at least 3 months before posting.

And now.. just acting tough because you have a bigger post count..

Tell me your argument about what's incorrect about my post.

Shipped is whats wrong with your post. I couldn't care less how many posts a poster has but new users (like yourself) fail to understand the difference between sold & shipped

I do understand very well the difference between shipped and sold. Although what I do not understand, is how Xbox 360 has sold more than it was shipped. that's where the logic dissappear.

End of January Article: 27.9M
End of January Vgchartz (30th January): 28.1M

That means ALL retailers must have had there stores empty of Xbox 360's..
Even if they were, which they weren't, it would still be 0.2M overtracked

PLAYSTATION®3. The future of gaming is.....NOW

My Predictions for 200 Million console sold Worldwide is:

Wii: 87 Million - 43.5%
Xbox 360: 57 Million - 28.5%
Playstation 3: 56 Million - 28%

Bluewing said:

According to Vgchartz 7th March:

Xbox 360: 29.1
Playstation 3: 20.9

And this article at the End of January:

Xbox 360: 28.1M

Playstation 3: 20.1M

Discuss...

Fixed your numbers to reflect VGChartz's sales numbers for the dates you listed.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Bluewing said:
seece said:
Bluewing said:
seece said:

God give me strenght .... you new users should lurk the site for at least 3 months before posting.

Shipped is whats wrong with your post. I couldn't care less how many posts a poster has but new users (like yourself) fail to understand the difference between sold & shipped

I do understand very well the difference between shipped and sold. Although what I do not understand, is how Xbox 360 has sold more than it was shipped. that's where the logic dissappear.

Shipped means - Factory -> Retailer

Sold means - Retailer -> Consumer

Sony was using figures that they came up with themselve, mostlikely, about how many units were sold to the consumers of the world. This has nothing to do with what was shipped to retailers.

Bluewing said:
seece said:
Bluewing said:
seece said:

Microsoft announced 28 million shipped early January ...

Around the Network
Aldro said:
Just like CGI quality said but in my position one of my mates that owns a 360 wants KZ2 so badly but he cant afford it, just yet hes saving though :]

This would be the second obstacle Sony has after KZ2 getting 360 players to be interested in PS3.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

@ ssj12
You got the point. Nice post.

This thread needs some visual evidence to truly see how great and powerful KillZone's dominance truly is.

Behold mortals: your undoing!

If my PS3 could play all the X360 exclusives, I would totally sell it for a(nother) PS3.

Hows that for a OT comment?

The guy's statement was simple, and undeniably true. The magnitude of its impact is, of course, indeterminable. This thread is just a big HD console war magnet.

"Gamers buy what they want. Many gamers want Killzone 2, lately. To play Killzone 2, you need a PS3, and some gamers will buy one for that reason" There ya go. How you guys find the console wars in a statement similar to that is beyond me.

Feel free to use that as a template, and replace "Killzone 2/PS3" with "Halo ODST/360" in a couple months -- I bet someone from MS basically does just that.

h ah aha ha ha ha ha a..sorry is funny.. ''400'' us$  TO PLAY ONE ''fps'' ,.idiot

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡