By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Legend of Dragoon

If I get a PAL version for a reasonable price I might join this. The only working TV here isn't compatible with NTSC and I don't want black and white (I have modded PS1 for that reason).

It seems the PAL version is hard to found, and even if you do find it, it costs millions.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Hmm...when you do the Zelda one make it about TWW/TP/OoT. Only ones I have :3

I wanna play this game but heard it was kinda overrated. No money though, so...

We'll at least be doing all 3D console Zeldas.  Khuutra will probably be handling some older ones too.  We agreed that we'll ignore Zelda II, though. 

SaviorX said:
Xen said:

I still have my copy sealed... which I probably got from the same source on ebay, hah... I might be interested.

Btw, Savior, what's the model of your PS2 that couldn't play certain parts? I hope my slimmy is not included in these...

Unfortunately, it was my PS2 Slim a few parts didn't work on. I had to bo back to borrow my friends old PS1 last year to finish some  parts. It only happened twice throughout the 4 discs, where the game would freeze without explanation.

Dammit.

Ah well. There's always my PS3.

SaviorX said:
Xen said:

I still have my copy sealed... which I probably got from the same source on ebay, hah... I might be interested.

Btw, Savior, what's the model of your PS2 that couldn't play certain parts? I hope my slimmy is not included in these...

Unfortunately, it was my PS2 Slim a few parts didn't work on. I had to bo back to borrow my friends old PS1 last year to finish some  parts. It only happened twice throughout the 4 discs, where the game would freeze without explanation.

Ouch.  I'm pretty sure the ps3 uses similar emulation to the Slim ps2.

makingmusic476 said:
SaviorX said:
I finished beating this game about a year ago. Took me 65 hours.

I encountered this game the same way you did, through a demo CD from I think a gaming magazine like 10 years ago. I have two copies of the game (turns out my PS2 just couldn't play certain parts, from both of my purchases)

What were your thoughts on the game?  Any interest in playing it again?

The game was fun. I don't want to ruin the ending for you, so I'll keep that to myself, but the additions were cool to pull off once you mastered them. The one thing that hurt the game overall was the music. I felt the battle music, the victory theme,and most after that just wasn't good. I was just touching u the rest of FF7 while starting this, so I had to compare the two. The only memorable LOD beat was the menu. Anything else, I'll be glad to tell you guys much more.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:
Soriku said:

We'll at least be doing all 3D console Zeldas.  Khuutra will probably be handling some older ones too.  We agreed that we'll ignore Zelda II, though. 

Hmm, that's good then. When can we expect a Zelda thread like this? Also, Nintendo needs to bring MM to VC ASAP X_X

It's been in discussion for months now, with continual delays.  Expect something over the Summer when we should all have much more time.  And there will be a thread dedicated to each game.

SaviorX said:
makingmusic476 said:
SaviorX said:
I finished beating this game about a year ago. Took me 65 hours.

I encountered this game the same way you did, through a demo CD from I think a gaming magazine like 10 years ago. I have two copies of the game (turns out my PS2 just couldn't play certain parts, from both of my purchases)

What were your thoughts on the game?  Any interest in playing it again?

The game was fun. I don't want to ruin the ending for you, so I'll keep that to myself, but the additions were cool to pull off once you mastered them. The one thing that hurt the game overall was the music. I felt the battle music, the victory theme,and most after that just wasn't good. I was just touching u the rest of FF7 while starting this, so I had to compare the two. The only memorable LOD beat was the menu. Anything else, I'll be glad to tell you guys much more.

Yikes. Music is a very important part of games to me.

Awesome game, one of my favorites on the PS1.

Unfortunately I am busy with Vesperia at the moment.

Maybe next time.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

makingmusic476 said:
SaviorX said:
Xen said:

Ouch.  I'm pretty sure the ps3 uses similar emulation to the Slim ps2.

Hopefully he's the only one who got these probs. Wiki lists the game as incompatible with the 30001 though... nothing on the slim.

And if it still has probs... on the PS3 as well, I'll mod my PAL 39004.

Soriku said:

Hell no! Zelda group session will be "A Link to the Past".

Scratch that, I would prefer the original NES Zelda.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!