By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Legend of Dragoon

LOD is epic why didn't you think

Around the Network
Xen said:
Don't count on me 100% though. I'll be entering an exams heavy period soon...

We'll all be hitting exams eventually.  If you hit a slow period, no worries.

Nah don't have Ps3/Ps2 right now.

Take my love, take my land..

I actually still have my original copy. I remember gamestop ran a deal that if you traded in any 5 games they would give you legend of dragoon for free no matter the trade in value. haha, I got the crappiest games i owned and I think the trade in value was 7 dollars, and I got the brand new game for 7 dollars, it was awesome. Yeah, I'm up for playing it again, it was a great game.

though i dont remember much about the story, i do remember it was hell of fun

Around the Network

Legend of Dragoon was awesome

gergroy said:
I actually still have my original copy. I remember gamestop ran a deal that if you traded in any 5 games they would give you legend of dragoon for free no matter the trade in value. haha, I got the crappiest games i owned and I think the trade in value was 7 dollars, and I got the brand new game for 7 dollars, it was awesome. Yeah, I'm up for playing it again, it was a great game.

Awesome. 

We've got at least five of us now.  :D

Legend of Dragoon is one of my favourite RPG of all time, the game never gets old for me, and luckily, I still have my copy. :D

Even though I have already finished the game, I am totally ready to re-play this legendary game since I have been planning to do it for a while and the timing has never been better.

Solid game. I beat it probably 5 years ago. I really liked the involving battle system with timed button presses. Also, while battles were random, it did let you know when your next battle would be. Basically what held it back for me and the rest of the critics is that the art style and overall game direction were both a bit too generic and derivative of Final Fantasy. IMO it just lacked the ambition and unique identity of a great RPG. (For reference, I think stuff like Suikoden 3 & 5, FF7, 9, 10, 12, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross were all great RPGs).

Don't let that stop you guys though, b/c despite what I've said, I really enjoyed the game. I can't imagine a JRPG fan who liked PS era Final Fantasies not enjoying this game.

And nah, I'm not interested in replaying this. My backlog is far too big to take on a huge JRPG I've already beat. If I were to replay a PS era JRPG, I would go with FFIX, just b/c that was the first JRPG I ever played. At the time I thought it was the most transcendent videogame I ever played. I wonder if I would still love it so much 10 years and so many RPGs later.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

I'll do it, but don't be surprised if I blow past tyou all and finish it in under 2 weeks.