By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Legend of Dragoon

Xen said:
makingmusic476 said:
SaviorX said:
Xen said:

I still have my copy sealed... which I probably got from the same source on ebay, hah... I might be interested.

Btw, Savior, what's the model of your PS2 that couldn't play certain parts? I hope my slimmy is not included in these...

Unfortunately, it was my PS2 Slim a few parts didn't work on. I had to bo back to borrow my friends old PS1 last year to finish some  parts. It only happened twice throughout the 4 discs, where the game would freeze without explanation.

Ouch.  I'm pretty sure the ps3 uses similar emulation to the Slim ps2.

Hopefully he's the only one who got these probs. Wiki lists the game as incompatible with the 30001 though... nothing on the slim.

And if it still has probs... on the PS3 as well, I'll mod my PAL 39004.

The PS3 emulation may be different. I'm surprised such a good game isn't on the PS Store. That service must be seriously slacking when it comes to providing PS1 games.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

IF you all don't mind someone going at it with a possibly slower pace, I'll join in. I've been meaning to play this game for awhile, and this is great motivation. I have my eye on a copy posted on Ebay that's ending soon.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

SaviorX said:
Xen said:
makingmusic476 said:
SaviorX said:
Xen said:

I still have my copy sealed... which I probably got from the same source on ebay, hah... I might be interested.

Btw, Savior, what's the model of your PS2 that couldn't play certain parts? I hope my slimmy is not included in these...

Unfortunately, it was my PS2 Slim a few parts didn't work on. I had to bo back to borrow my friends old PS1 last year to finish some  parts. It only happened twice throughout the 4 discs, where the game would freeze without explanation.

Ouch.  I'm pretty sure the ps3 uses similar emulation to the Slim ps2.

Hopefully he's the only one who got these probs. Wiki lists the game as incompatible with the 30001 though... nothing on the slim.

And if it still has probs... on the PS3 as well, I'll mod my PAL 39004.

The PS3 emulation may be different. I'm surprised such a good game isn't on the PS Store. That service must be seriously slacking when it comes to providing PS1 games.

Isn't it on the Japan PS store..? hmm...

makingmusic476 said:
SaviorX said:
makingmusic476 said:
SaviorX said:
I finished beating this game about a year ago. Took me 65 hours.

I encountered this game the same way you did, through a demo CD from I think a gaming magazine like 10 years ago. I have two copies of the game (turns out my PS2 just couldn't play certain parts, from both of my purchases)

What were your thoughts on the game?  Any interest in playing it again?

The game was fun. I don't want to ruin the ending for you, so I'll keep that to myself, but the additions were cool to pull off once you mastered them. The one thing that hurt the game overall was the music. I felt the battle music, the victory theme,and most after that just wasn't good. I was just touching u the rest of FF7 while starting this, so I had to compare the two. The only memorable LOD beat was the menu. Anything else, I'll be glad to tell you guys much more.

Yikes. Music is a very important part of games to me.

Yea, once you finish winning a battle, the music immeadiately after is incredibly bare. However, you may like the battle music, and occasionally it changes. Remember, I just came off FF7,one of the best game soundtracks of all-time. The boss songs aren't too bad either. Try youtube-ing some LOD songs.

Anything else?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Legend of Dragoon overrated? Soriku this is not a Tales thread!!!!!

Around the Network

Legend of Dragoon....I really liked it.
BUT in the end at 4 disc I couldn't finish the game since there was some stupid "walk on lines" stage and I never got past it. I was what 8 years back then...

Take my love, take my land..

On the second though, when are you guys starting? I think I might get a new tv in my room soon, and I'm gonna get one that supports NTSC signal. So I could just buy the cheaper NTSC version and play it together.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Son1x said:
On the second though, when are you guys starting? I think I might get a new tv in my room soon, and I'm gonna get one that supports NTSC signal. So I could just buy the cheaper NTSC version and play it together.

Not til Friday at the earliest.

Edit: Second page already!  I never hought this would garner so much interest!

Don't count on me 100% though. I'll be entering an exams heavy period soon...

Simulacrum said:
Legend of Dragoon....I really likes it.
BUT in the end at 4 disc I couldn't finish the game since there was some stupid "walk on lines" stage and I never got past it. I was what 8 years back then...

Wanna replay it?  :P