By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Intel to kill AMD in 60 days

Gippon said:
Hmm if this is true then I am wondering what will happen to AMD chips inside the consoles like the Wii? (correct me if I am wrong not 100% on that!)

The Wii, like the 360 and the PS3, has a PowerPC (IBM) processor (they all have different ones of course, but none of them are AMD processors.)

Around the Network

Itanium is a joke, I doubt it'll be used for anything this big in the future. This is probably all just some collaborative stunt anyway. And even if it wasn't, Intel won't win.

FUCK INTEL!!! as if they dont already have enough market share. I hate when companies do this kind of shit.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

nojustno said:
Itanium is a joke, I doubt it'll be used for anything this big in the future. This is probably all just some collaborative stunt anyway. And even if it wasn't, Intel won't win.

My point is that AMD stands to lose more than Intel. It would be a big blow for Intel to lose x86-64, but they could recover. AMD without x86 is just a dead company.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I hate Intel and their overpriced CPU's. I hope nothing happens with this lawsuit.

Around the Network

This is bad news.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

1337 Gamer said:
FUCK INTEL!!! as if they dont already have enough market share. I hate when companies do this kind of shit.

I hate it when companies try beat their competitors!!!

I hate it when I get shot by the terrorist when I'm playing as CT!!!

I hate it when the other team scores a goal on my favorite team!!!!

Why do people have to do this shit!!!

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Avalach21 said:
1337 Gamer said:

Why do people have to do this shit!!!

Because they're communists.

The GPU's mentioned in the OP for Nintendo and Microsoft I'm pretty sure do not include x86 code so its not even an issue. Secondly this is very unlikely to go far legally as both companies stand to lose a lot out of the mess it would cause, my money would be on a settlement before it got too serious.

I'm no fan of AMD but if Intel owns the whole market than we could see some higher sales and less inovation.