By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo Fanboys Support the Wii

I'm pretty sure step 3 is profit. Not so sure what step 2 is

Around the Network

lol what! They are still doing great games these days as well and that is why I support them!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Can't speak for the Nintendo fanboys, 'cause aside from Super Smash Bros and Kirby I've never cared about any of Nintendo's franchises. My son, yes, me personally, no.

However, I love my Wii. It has a lot more games that interest me than the HD systems do.

why would it be on-rails?

troll

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Because they all have small Wii's.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
Can't speak for the Nintendo fanboys, 'cause aside from Super Smash Bros and Kirby I've never cared about any of Nintendo's franchises. My son, yes, me personally, no.

However, I love my Wii. It has a lot more games that interest me than the HD systems do.

You are obviously lying cuz a grown man would never play with a Wii(I feel lamer just for typing it)

Why do people still say they don't make games like they used to? It a dumb arguement that totally discredits anything you say. PS3 has no games I would buy it for. & 360 only has Tales & SO4. I guess I'm not a gamer :(

Just to be clear; I'm not anybody's fanboy. Not until they send a check. [Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, please note; I CAN be bought. Rates are negotiable.] They are after all for-profit corporations, not a football team. They're not looking for fans, they want customers.

I just happen to like the Wii, and the games on it, better than the alternatives. If you don't, then run on out and buy a Playstation or an Xbox. They'll be glad to have you and you'll have a whole new console to bitch about.

Graphics: If they were that important to you then why the hell did you buy the system with the lowest resolution? HC eye candy is nice but it comes at a price and that price is how much it raises the cost of game development. Rock Star sells 13 million copies of GTA IV and loses money?? What's wrong with this picture? What's wrong is it raises the bar so high on cost that you'll not see great new games ideas like the Blob or Boom Box because everything has to be a sure safe blockbuster.

And for what, more pixels? So I can do what? Count Mario's pores? To me ultra realistic graphics isn't what makes most games work for me. Those particular where super high res graphics are important I'd play on the PC anyway. Although I find I take this option less and less often.

On Line: Once again, I'm more likely to play online with the PC, but then I get to hear kiddie trash talk - there's a thrill. For the on-line experience I want; like getting humiliated by my 8 year old grandson in SSBB or MK Wii, the online is fine.

Controller:  You either really get motion control or you don't. I wish they could get rid of buttons, not add them. Whatever I found lacking in the Wiimote looks to be addressed very eloquently with Motion Plus.

So I'm happy with my Wii and I'm not a sheep; I'm an old goat. Old enough to know if I'm not happy with anything, I go across the street and buy the other guy's toy. It's called competition. And don't worry about feeling disloyal. Nintendo will get over the loss, trust me. The other 46,959,999 of us will just have to do.

I got Sonic and the Black Knight this week and after playing the game for a few hours, I wondered why I am even a Sonic fan despite most of his games sucking lately. This made me also think about Nintendo in general. Why do I keep defending them and playing their games? Probably because they made some great games in the past, just like there was a time when Sonic was great. But how much longer should I stick with them when they are not the same they used to be?

Nintendo this gen have made Galaxy one of the greatest games of all times.  Mario Kart Wii is the best Mario Kart ever, Brawl is generally regarded as the best Smash Bros.  Pikmin 3 will probably surpas Pikmin 2 (if they ever decide to make a new Pikmin rather than porting old Gamecube games).  We also have the great Wii Sports.  So not sure what you mean by not the same as they used to be.  And Sonic was always rubbish next to Mario.

Let's be honest here: Most of us (as in Nintendo fans) would have defended Nintendo no matter which choices they made this generation. Here are some examples:

I agree with this.  I find it shocking that all we have had in a while on Wii is Gamecube ports, Animal Crossing ported from DS and Wii Music yet some Nintendo fans defend this.  It annoys me even.  Some things are just not defendable no matter how much you like a company.

Graphics: Last generation we were proud to say that our console of choice, the Gamecube, was a technological masterpiece. Higher performance than the PS2, but still more affordable. This generation? Graphics somehow hit the point of being good enough, now that Nintendo has backed out of the race for more horsepower.

You have to say looking at sales this gen compared to last gen and looking at what has happened to Sony that Nintendo not only made the right choice there but they made the super right choice.  Would be nice if Wii had better graphics but Nintendo could not afford to release an expensive console.  And games is their only business so they couldn't sell console at a loss so releasing a console with great power at an affordable price was not an option.

Online: It had hardly any importance at all during the last generation, because aside from Sega's Phantasy Star titles, no games supported it. This generation we drool over Mario Kart Wii because it has lagfree online play. There are these friend codes and some other annoying things, but all in all, it's once again "good enough". The features of Xbox Live or PSN aren't really needed for us to enjoy online gaming (at least that's what we say).

I agree here once again.  Friends code is the most retarded thing ever.  It's super retarded in the first place but what is even more super retarded is that there is a separate code for each game.  Talk about the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life.  There have been so many times I have been up against someone in Mario kart and I have thought wow we are on level footing and having great competition if only I could select for us to be friends after the game so we can race another day.  But no that can't happen cause we need to exchange retarded codes and I have no idea what his code is.  That people defend this is totally shocking.

Controller: With the introduction of the Wiimote we started to claim that playing console games the old way was getting boring and that it was time for something new. However, a button press replaced by shaking the controller, like it is used in countless games, is hardly innovative. The pointer has some advantages, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the Wiimote simply has too few buttons to work with more complex games. Nevertheless, we Nintendo fans defend it as being one of the greatest innovations in gaming history.

Wii sales have shown that this is the greatest decision Nintendo have ever made.  If you are questioning it then you know nothing about business.

So yeah. As you can see, we are happy with everything Nintendo does and would defend them no matter what. Some of us even bought Wii Fit and/or Wii Music, like the sheep that we are. But as a wise man once told me:

"I have no problem with being a sheep as long as Miyamoto is my shepherd."

There's certainly a lot of truth in those words for many of us. After all, Nintendo raised our sorry asses better than a parent ever could.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for posting. Agree with some points while some other points just mean you wanted Nintendo to do what they did last gen and fall even further behind and risk dropping out of console business.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Ah just saw Rols thread. So this was a rip off. Feel very foolish bothering to reply. Goodbye.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Ah, I see. It's a social experiment to measure how people respond to a thesis based not upon the subject matter, support, or presentation, but rather upon the identity of the speaker. By cross-comparing the responses garnered in this thread against those posted in Rol's thread, angrypoolman will be able to come one step closer to his graduate psychology thesis: "Theorem or Rhetorician? An Examination of the Varying Receptions to Identical Stimuli Based on Distinct Personae."

That, or alcohol was involved.