By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 5 is... an insult to the Resident Evil series.

ill agree the game isn't scary
ill agree that sheva is annoying and make it difficult to play the game

But having said this i thought everyone knew that RE5 was an action game and that it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as RE4 is...

Around the Network

I love the game much better than that "scary"dead space.

though you gotta know that i hate horror genre in games.

RE4 wasnt scary either.

you complaint about the controls and the slow enemies, and want the game to be like it´s predecessors at the same time....yes, it could use faster enemies and better controls like past resident evil games.... oh wait

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

Aprisaiden said:
ill agree the game isn't scary
ill agree that sheva is annoying and make it difficult to play the game

But having said this i thought everyone knew that RE5 was an action game and that it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as RE4 is...

I think they were hanging onto their last shred of hope that this wouldn't be the case.

As for RE4, I liked many of the control innovations it brought to the table, but I hated how it started to move away from the sheer terror (mixed with puzzles) that Resident Evil epitomized.  It still had its moments, and for the most part you were pretty worried about what might appear around the corner next, but it just wasn't the same. It wasn't really like RE1-3, REmake, RE0, etc.  RE5, from the looks of it (I won't be buying it - couldn't stand the demo) emphasizes the action even more, but without truly revamping the controls to make them good for an action game.

My boss was recommending RE5 to a customer today, and he said, "It's the best damn action/adventure title out right now!"  Five years ago, I never even dreamed I would've heard resident Evil described in such a way.  >_<

Around the Network
dano said:
you complaint about the controls and the slow enemies, and want the game to be like it´s predecessors at the same time....yes, it could use faster enemies and better controls like past resident evil games.... oh wait

i'm saying:

1.) if it's supposed to be survival horror, make it scary.

2.) if it's supposed to be an action game, make the controls better and the enemies faster.

basically, RE5 needs to find its identity. right now, it's an action game that sucks or a survival horror game that's not scary.

its a sick nasty game and you know it bub

I just beat the game. it's a bloody disappointment. a waste of 60 of my hard-earned dollars. the gameplay is DATED and at certain points of the game, it felt like a MGS4 Knock-off. . it doesn't have the scare factor of code Veronica and it's even less Scary than RE4. 

1) Resident Evil 4 wasn't scary.

2) If you don't like it, play a different game.

3) Try out Dead Space if you haven't.

indodude said:

1) Resident Evil 4 wasn't scary.

2) If you don't like it, play a different game.

3) Try out Dead Space if you haven't.

or Silent Hill: Homecoming, Siren: Blood Curse, Left 4 dead, or any of the bloody Fatal Frames... and there were only certain parts of RE4(damn regenerators and the dude with the claws) that were scary.  I haven't played Dead Space. can you tell me your opinion/score?