By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - anybody think it would be stupid for sony to make PS4?

Xxain said:
NO! it would be stupid if they didn't make PS4

Exactly!

Around the Network

PS4 is a loooooooong way away, market could be very different at that time

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
PS4 is a loooooooong way away, market could be very different at that time

Yeah, but will Sony still be in the gaming industry to see it? I have my doubts, if the PS4 is such a long way away. They need to admit their mistakes, learn from them, and start anew, and they need to do it much sooner than they probably will.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

The best thing Sony can do is ride the PS3 out as long as they possibly can. They have already lost all of the profits of the PS1 and PS2 on this system so it would only make sense to wait until your profitable. Then when the PS4 does come out, try and not be fools like this gen. We don't need everything under the hood that is possible. Make it advanced enough that it can compete with the Wii2 and the Next box but don't over due it. Then they should do well as long as they try and stay humble.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Next Generation they will have more and better Systemsellers

Like Killzone 3,Uncharted 3, LittleBigPlanet 2 and so on
That´was their problem this generation no games the first year and a high price tag

Around the Network

If they allow the next Xbox a year, or even a two year headstart, at this point, with our limited information, Microsoft would dominate the market. We saw what one year did.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

They could just improve the RAM, GPU, and make some sort of hybrid CPU to make the PS4.

The hybrid CPU could be something like a Cell with multiple PPE's, so it would be competitive with the Xbox's CPU on direct ports and still have the additional abilities of the SPE's on top of that both for exclusives and ports that choose to use it. Ports don't have to be so much better on one console to blow the other away to be successful, they just have to be undeniably better, even if the difference is minimal.

Why would Microsoft make X720? The other two consoles will have online...

See how illogical that reasoning is?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Sony shouldn't make a ps4, four is a bad luck number... Sony should call its next console something else and try to recreate their image while not alienating their current fanbase.

Currently Watching - Naruto, One Piece

Waiting For - Skyrim, Mass Effect 3

PS3 Trophies

The question from the OP should include a time frame.

Release it sometime in the future, of course. Anytime in the next 5 years, I think they won't, and will do right.