By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - anybody think it would be stupid for sony to make PS4?

My point is that xbox720 and wii 2 most likely will be bluray atleast xbox will be why then would sony create a whole new console.

i think it would be stupid personally, instead they should modify the ps3 and make some tweaks. Personally i think it could hold up to the 720.

Around the Network

NO! it would be stupid if they didn't make PS4

why how far can they possibly take it?? make some mods and call it a ps4 then because id dont think they can make an improvement to the ps3 without incurring losses. and if they dumb it down it would just be so stupid can't go from a great console to a good one lol

why people need PS4 so fast? , alot of people still want to buy a ps3 . and im talking about ALOT of people

exactly my point lol

Around the Network

oh...im sorry i didn't even read the OP, i thought this was a another SONY doomed thread....

What's up with the PS3 is doomed threads coming back again, the PS3 is going to outsell the GameCubes WW sales in a few weeks (GC sold 21.59 million) and it only took the PS3 about 2 and half years to surpass it and Nintendo still came out with a console, and look what happened (Wii). Obviously the PS3 should be able to easily sell over 50 million, do you think 50 million is not a success? If you do then you need to get ure brain checked, it'd be stupid not to make a PS4, Sony learned a lot this generation, I'm sure they can get 1st place again next generation.

It would probably be wise to build the PS4 with a very similar architecture to the PS3 with only marginally improved hardware to keep the console affordable to consumers and profitable for Sony. The Blu-Ray drive's read speed, system memory and video card would be the components needing the biggest upgrades. Improved middleware/dev kits, a more streamlined OS and software B/C for all previous Playstations would also be good investments. Personally, I'm not sure if it would be advantageous to be the first to the market for the 8th generation. Doing so would shorten the PS3's lifespan and they could wind up in the same situation as Sega as a result. If they launch too late they could end up in a similar situation to what they're in now.

So what you're saying is -

Because MS and Nintendo might use BR in their next system, there's no point in making a PS4???

Interesting...

4 ≈ One

Sony stated they would only slightly improve the Ps3 hardware for their next console, It will still have teh cell and still use Blu-ray. They won't make a technical leap like they usually do.