By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama's gift to the Prime Minister

Wow mr bubbles, did you even read your own links? FoxNews DID take it out of context. The DVDs weren't the only thing, and sound a whole lot better than what George W. Gave.

Also I'm assuming they were in fact either region 2 or region free.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network
Moongoddess256 said:
Wow mr bubbles, did you even read your own links? FoxNews DID take it out of context. The DVDs weren't the only thing, and sound a whole lot better than what George W. Gave.

Also I'm assuming they were in fact either region 2 or region free.

wtf are you talking about? i just went through them again and all they talk about is the dvds and the awful gift they gave browns children. 

fox news is the one that mentioned him giving more than just the movies....(regifting the bust)

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I would tell moongoddess to...I don't want to be banned again for this shit. You guys can have your pointless argument.

Right, read this one http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1159627/To-special-friend-Gordon-25-DVDs-Obama-gives-Brown-set-classic-movies-Lets-hope-likes-Wizard-Oz.html

It says what a mediocre gift, but it also mentions Bush's even more useless gift of a... bomber jacket?

The other things given that I mentioned were the gifts for the kids.
Honestly if they didn't coordinate the gift giving then I don't think Obama could be expected to plan a gift that matches what was received.

Hasn't that ever happened to you? I had a friend give me a PSP and a game and my gift to her was worth about $20. All I could do at that point was express my gratitude.

Also its implied that the DVDs not being region2/free is joking speculation, not fact.

My guess is if I could prove that Obama shit on your dog, you would fine a way to justify that away as well.

Funny as hell that the best you can do is say the man you probably think is the worst president in history only did slightly better, as that's some how a way of making it all right.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
My guess is if I could prove that Obama shit on your dog, you would fine a way to justify that away as well.

Funny as hell that the best you can do is say the man you probably think is the worst president in history only did slightly better, as that's some how a way of making it all right.

I can justify that easily. I don't have a dog.

My point was and is, hahahaha fox news. And lol at the people who take them seriously, ever.

I figure I should make sure I drive that point home before I go off on any more tangents.

Moongoddess256 said:
Right, read this one http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1159627/To-special-friend-Gordon-25-DVDs-Obama-gives-Brown-set-classic-movies-Lets-hope-likes-Wizard-Oz.html

It says what a mediocre gift, but it also mentions Bush's even more useless gift of a... bomber jacket?

The other things given that I mentioned were the gifts for the kids.
Honestly if they didn't coordinate the gift giving then I don't think Obama could be expected to plan a gift that matches what was received.

Hasn't that ever happened to you? I had a friend give me a PSP and a game and my gift to her was worth about $20. All I could do at that point was express my gratitude.

Also its implied that the DVDs not being region2/free is joking speculation, not fact.

I am taking this story with a grain of salt, but this doesn't really back you up. This is only one artical out of several and it's from the daily mail...THE DAILY MAIL!

Excuse me but I'd love the DVD gift rather than some old relics or historical documents

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

LOL add this to the op

_)___________________________

This is quite a serious question. I have a vision of the Browns, Gordon and Sarah, settling down at the PM's country retreat (Chequers) this weekend. The children have been put to bed and Mr Brown heads in the direction of the DVD player:

GB: "The Obamas bought us some films on DVD. That was very thoughtful."

SB: "Not that thoughtful..."

GB: "What shall we watch? ET? Star Wars? Psycho, Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia?

SB: sighs... "Seen them all."

GB: "I'll try The Wizard of Oz, it's the version in which all the colours have been restored to the original quality. We can stop and try something else if you don't like it. Where's the remote control?" (GB fiddles with the DVD player for several minutes) "Right, I think it's going to start." (Nothing happens, machine displays a notice saying 'disc loading error').

SB: (examining DVD cover) "They're Region 1, they won't play in the UK."

The Browns sit in complete silence for several more minutes reflecting on what this means.    

Let's hope that somebody in the White House was aware of the difference between the formats and acted accordingly when ordering the DVDs. I have asked Number 10 to clarify and will post an update when they respond.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

As long as the Americans listen to the Europeans at the summit, I don't really mind.