By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama's gift to the Prime Minister

Wiped said:
Well, I can tell you that the British media is covering it a bit more prominently - can't wait to see some headlines tomorrow...

It is pretty insulting tbh. It's just a general two fingers to our whole country. I felt negative vibes from Obama (towards the UK) as soon as he was elected. I read somewhere he hasn't forgiven us for the whole 'slavery' thing. I mean, it's not like it was over a hundred years (and then some) ago and we apologised and have gone on to fight alongside them in World wars and iraq.

his dad is kenian, wtf does he have to do with slavery?

it would be like me saying I haven't forgiven asian because gengis Kahn killed a lot of people ages ago...

On the topic... I do find it incredibly insulting to offer DVDs to a prime minister.... had it been a Historical documentaries DVD collection, ok, but great american films... bleh!!

And give back a 9/11 gift?....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

The really bad part is that American DVDs don't work in UK DVD players...

Or atleast i think that's the case.

I think I've already said this twice, no where does it say that they were region 1 DVDs. It said that they were selected by some American movie organization and thus I would think they would know about the different regions. If they don't know about that, they need to find a new hobby.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

This is not solely Obama's fault. There is an office of the State Department, Office of the Chief of Protocol, that is responsible for exchanges such as this one. It seems as if they are blameworthy of another diplomatic gaffe. Prior to today's meeting with President Lula, the White House misspelled President Lula's name in the official announcement. If I were Obama, I would inquire into why the Office of Protocol is continually committing these little gaffes.

haha! thats classic! but I think that Obama giving back the gift from 911 is worse than the dvd thing.

Around the Network
Jackson50 said:

This is not solely Obama's fault. There is an office of the State Department, Office of the Chief of Protocol, that is responsible for exchanges such as this one. It seems as if they are blameworthy of another diplomatic gaffe. Prior to today's meeting with President Lula, the White House misspelled President Lula's name in the official announcement. If I were Obama, I would inquire into why the Office of Protocol is continually committing these little gaffes.

Yeah he should really look in to that.  Doesn't help that Gordon Brown is blind in one eye.

To busy cleaning out the FDA at the moment though it seems.

Why not Blu-Ray? I'm very ashamed of our president for not being next gen enough. It's apparent from these gifts that he is just bringing us more of the same and not enough change!

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

I am a bit ashamed on behalf of the American public. I mean a gifts a gift, but when you give 25 dvds to someone after they have given thoughtful and meaningful presents kind of brings your reputation down a bit. Obama is a great man, but he should have put more than two minutes thoght into this.

highwaystar101 said:
Obama is a great man

Really? If I had to list the top 100 great men in the US, he would not be on the list.

No politician would.

Doesn't bother me that he gave our one-eyed PM some dvd set, we all hate Gordon anyway.
I was a bit pissed off that he sent back the Churchill bust because of the old Mau Mau stuff. It's a gift to the American people not the President. He could have sent it to some museum or university if he wanted, no need to return it.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!