By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is this an issue for the ps3?

johnsobas said:
katsuraji said:
i own a ps3, only a ps3, and a ps2 and a ps1, and a psp.
and everything with a "P" (lol)
and i from mexico

i think, its matter of time.
if you see the ps2 sales and the ps3 sales are the same in the same period of time.
give it time

wow, you are delusional. I can't believe there are still people on this forum that think PS2 and PS3 are on the same track.

I can't believe there are still people on this forum that think that all Wii 3rd party games are flopping.

Seriously, I'm surprised several things were said in this thread without getting harped on yet because this board is quite informed.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
johnsobas said:
katsuraji said:
and i from mexico

if you see the ps2 sales and the ps3 sales are the same in the same period of time.
give it time

wow, you are delusional. I can't believe there are still people on this forum that think PS2 and PS3 are on the same track.

I can't believe there are still people on this forum that think that all Wii 3rd party games are flopping.

Seriously, I'm surprised several things were said in this thread without getting harped on yet because this board is quite informed.

I think it's more that Nintendo takes the lion's share of sales so it makes it look like 3rd party games are flopping.

I bought the Playstation 3 first. Then, I bought Sonic the Hedgehog. Then I sold Sonic the Hedgehog right away. Then I bought the Wii. Then I bought the Xbox 360. I'm sure you can put the rest of the puzzle together.

i got a ps3, but ive had a ps2 and ps1. i think the ps3 will convert a lot of people from ps2, but many will be very happy with the wii. the 360 might start to gain ground this gen, but i doubt it will pose a real serious threat.

and as of now its not much of a problem but if it continues through the holiday it is a huge problem.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Legend11 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
johnsobas said:
katsuraji said:
and i from mexico

give it time

I think it's more that Nintendo takes the lion's share of sales so it makes it look like 3rd party games are flopping.

I completely agree.  I think people see the 3rd parties as flopping because they compare them to Nintendo game sales.   That's not really fair though... Nintendo sells more software than any developer in the world by a very large margin.  Obviously no one is going to outsell Nintendo games very often.  That doesn't mean that they aren't making very good profits though.

Around the Network

Well, at the PS3's current price tag, I can see that a large portion of people who buy it probably have the spare cash to buy the other systems as well.

Let's not forget the spoiled rich boy factor. You know, the boy that just has to have every console in existence no matter how crappy the games are, and of course the parents then must buy it. I'm sure there are more of them now then there were in the past.

Not to mention the fact that with the average gamer has more cash than any previous generation before, and it should be no surprise that there should be more multiplatform owners than ever before, especially when the prices get lower.

Submit to the deliciousness of the MAD COW BEEF!

The only "good" friend I have that has a PS3 has all 3 consoles

ok. come on. i think the next year the ps3, will grow with ff 13 and metal gear. then god of war 3 and it will a good year in 2008

There is definitely a issue of disposable income. The overwhelming majority perhaps ninety percent of gamers simply cannot afford to multi platform on this scale. While the ten percent might make up a larger percentage of PS3 owners. I think your probably still only looking at a small margin of gamers that can actually own two or more consoles when one of those consoles is a PS3. I would say it is most likely isolated. I have only met one PS3 owner in real life and they did not even buy it for the games they bought it as a media hub. A non gamer as it were they own no other consoles.

@katsuraji

Did you even bother to read the topic? I understand your from Mexico, but your comments do not match the thread in the least. Just curious blanket optimism is a good way to bring the trolls down upon a thread.

I have a PS3 and a 360, last gen i had all 4, and the gen before that i had N64 and PS1. Plus i have a DS, but i will never buy a wii no matter the price. It is the worse thing ever to happen to gaming it is worse then the devil himself.