By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is this an issue for the ps3?

Based on my friends ALL that have a ps3 have all three systems.  Do people think this is widespread or isolated?  How many PS3 owners here in the forum have all three systems or just the PS3?  Main reason I bring this up as being an issue is because the PS3 is not really gaining much ground in terms of hardware on the Wii or 360 if most or a good portion have all three systems anyways. 

Around the Network

I think that for Xbox360/PS3,
early owner are hardcore owners that have a tendency to buy a lot of console product (all ?)

so it is possible that a big part of the PS3 owners are Xbox360 owners too

But for the Wii, I think it is different, it is not the same population of players, it explains why the sales are so different ...

Time to Work !

Well I am sure you seen the stories about the wii selling for nursing homes and physical therapy places. I think is why 3rd party sells so horribly on it. The people that are buying the 3rd party games are the "real" gamers for the wii as well as the ones that buy the established Nintendo franshises like zelda or mario party etc. I think hardware sold to "gamers" can be obtained by calculating the sales of those games rather then wii sports, wii play etc. Metroid prime just came out and has gotten great reviews so would be interesting to see how much it sells compared to how many Wii's are in the market.

i own a ps3, only a ps3, and a ps2 and a ps1, and a psp.
and everything with a "P" (lol)
and i from mexico

i think, its matter of time.
if you see the ps2 sales and the ps3 sales are the same in the same period of time.
give it time

In only own the PS3 right now .May get one of the other two when they have 4-5 great games that I want and cant play on my PS3 or PC .For the moment X360 has Dead Rising and Gears of War (and thats going to PC as well ) and I look forward to Lost Odysey ,Mass Effect ,Elveon and Too Human .If those 4 titles are AAAA then I will buy one (specially if the Falcon chipset solves the rings of death problem ) .

For the Wii I would like Zelda but already have in the Cube .Nothing else interest me right now .In the future I dont see anything interesting as well .The Mario games are great but not my thing and I dont like too much FPS as Metroid.Maybe if they announce Fzero I will have something to look for but its more difficult that I buy the Wii ....as hard as I try I just dont see anything interesting to me .At least not yet .

Even if I bought those PS3 will remain my main console .The best one for one-player and online multiplayer (for free ) .I will buy HS and Warhawk when it comes out in BR and then one between Haze and UTIII ... also Ratchet and Clank.Probably also Day of Judgement for the Playstation Eye .Next year and beyond I will buy stuff like Resident Evil 5 ,Final Fantasy XIII ,Final Fantasy XIII Versus ,White Knight Story ,Silent Hill 5 ,Metal Gear Solid IV ,Little Big Planet ...more than enough to justify my purchase .

Around the Network

I have a PS3 and a Wii. I bought the PS3 well after getting the Wii and took advantage of a great trade in offer at EB. I am seriously trying not to buy all the systems all the time, as I don't really think I get my money's worth.

What with the hardware problems of the 360, and the shooter focus, it's been quite easy to leave out the 360 for me. Time will tell...

I have a PS3 + 360. I bought my PS3 first, and then 360 when they started getting jRPGs.

I'll probably get a Wii eventually, but from what I've seen at my friends' places, it's looking to be my least favorite Nintendo console ever, save Virtua Boy.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

PS3 only. When I can get a Wii or 360 for less than $200, I may jump in. As of now, Warhawk is consuming my gaming life quite well.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

katsuraji said:
i own a ps3, only a ps3, and a ps2 and a ps1, and a psp.
and everything with a "P" (lol)
and i from mexico

i think, its matter of time.
if you see the ps2 sales and the ps3 sales are the same in the same period of time.
give it time

wow, you are delusional.  I can't believe there are still people on this forum that think PS2 and PS3 are on the same track.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I only have a PS3, but one of my room mates has a 360 and the other has a Wii. We're pretty much set, lol.