By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4 might be on PS3,NDS,and PSP

I am only putting the part related to the title.

VideoGamer.com: It's called Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Is there any hope for PS3 owners?

YY: At the moment there is no immediate plan. Let me ask you a question. Would you like to see it available for PS3?

VideoGamer.com: If I only had the PS3, yes.

YY: (Laughs).

VideoGamer.com: Can the engine you've created for The Last Hope be used to make a PS3 version?

YY: If we just specifically talk about the engine, it's a great engine and it is an engine that is capable of catering for all platforms. So it would be technically possible indeed to do a PS3 version, or even a PSP or DS version.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/star_ocean_4_the_last_hope/preview-1545-2.html

What do you guys think?( about it being on PS3, NDS, and PSP)

Around the Network

Not gonna happen I don't think but NDS version you'd think would= $$$ marite?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

let's wait for the 360 eu release

I thought they had already announced that sony would be getting their own star ocean. Not the last hope but their own story. It seemed to me it was back when they originally announced the last hope for the 360.

Can't wait to touch Reimi on my DS!

Around the Network

I think the laugh is pretty self explaining for the short term...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

badgenome said:
Can't wait to touch Reimi on my DS!

lol? Doki Doki?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I think the guy was flaunting the versatility of the game engine rather than hinting at a portable release. PS3 is probably still a possibility though.

wouldn't come to PSP or DS...are you people forgetting it's 3 discs? =/

PS3 is more likely..I always find it interesting when devs are asked 'is it coming to such-n-such platform' and they come back with a 'at the moment no...but would you like to see it on ps3??'

To me, that all but confirms a PS3 version..maybe I'm wrong tho=P

axumblade said:
Phrancheyez said:
wouldn't come to PSP or DS...are you people forgetting it's 3 discs? =/

PS3 is more likely..I always find it interesting when devs are asked 'is it coming to such-n-such platform' and they come back with a 'at the moment no...but would you like to see it on ps3??'

To me, that all but confirms a PS3 version..maybe I'm wrong tho=P

Doesn't really confirm a PS3 version or anything. He is flaunting the versitility. Also, if Sony work on UMD-less PSP's then it wouldn't matter. ;) ;P

Yeah it doesn't really 'confirm' a PS3 version, and I know he's flaunting the versatility..but him turning the question back on the interviewer like that..I think they're definitely considering it if nothing else.