By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you could only recommend 3 games which would they be?

final fantasy VI
super mario bros. 3
goldeneye (if they are allowed to have 3 friends to go with their 3 games)
(if we're talking games for just them to play on their own, chrono trigger)

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Around the Network
suikodian said:
Suikoden II
Suikoden V
Xenogears

Ah good choices.  Suikoden 1 and 2 are great, 3 and 4 didnt come out in uk and never got round to finishing 5.  Xenogears was also epic!

Depends who I am recommending to. I will assume it's an average person with interest in a wide group of games and not just HD shooters. On that basis 1. Advance Wars Dual Strike 2. Mario Galaxy 3. Fallout 3

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
Depends who I am recommending to. I will assume it's an average person with interest in a wide group of games and not just HD shooters. On that basis 1. Advance Wars Dual Strike 2. Mario Galaxy 3. Fallout 3

Good point, and good question overall;

If I'm reccomending to you someone who's never even seen a video game, I'd reccomend Super Mario Bros (as an introduction), Wii Sports (for easy to pick up competitive multiplayer), and Halo 3 (not neccesarily because it is great, but because it is one of the most complete packages on the market today, and could show them the extent of what is possible with the medium).  I wanted to add Street Fighter 2 or 4 as a quick lesson on competitive multiplayer, but a Wii package simply has to be added.

If I'm reccomending to a casual gamer who's played before but only now wants to learn more about it: Super Mario Galaxy, Rock Band 2, and either Fable II or GTAIV... probably the latter.

Hardcore gamer: Ocarina of Time (for many, many reasons), Gears of War 2 (for horde and other Multiplayer options), and LittleBigPlanet (for UCC).

shenmue series
pso
uncharted

Around the Network

1. Shenmue (Sega dreamcast)
2. Guardian Heroes (Sega saturn)
3. Fighters Megamix (Sega saturn)

Megadude said:

Hi all! Megadude here.

Ok so let's say you had the power to force somone to play any 3 games of your choosing to show them how wonderfully fun videogames can be. Which would you choose? It's a super tough decision.

ET for the Atari.

Superman for the N64.

Battletoads for the NES.

Typing of the Dead (Dreamcast) -  Fun and educational.
PSO (Gamecube) - To show how awesome online gaming can be.
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) - How to make the perfect package.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Suikoden 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Baldurs Gate 2 / Final Fantasy 7 / Call Of Duty 4
( cant decide between these 3 for 3rd place )

- Starcraft (with Brood War expansion)
- Diablo II (with Lord of Destruction expansion)
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl

With those 3 games you can pretty much play until the end of time.

Signature goes here!