All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Wheres Dreamcast?????, and PS2 and PS1 should be higher

@Xxain

what!

dreamcast

why would you list a prematurely discontinued console there

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

There might not be a video game industry today if not for the NES, I would put the NES first and everything that has come after it has helped build on the success of the video game industry that the NES saved. Wii would probably be second with the PS1 being third.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Xxain

what!

dreamcast

why would you list a prematurely discontinued console there

Darth do you not like SEGA???, WAIT!!, why isnt any of SEGA's consoles on the list

Around the Network

I agree for the most part. Though I'd switch the places of the PS1 and PS2.

Im alot biased.

1NES
2GB
3SNES
4n64
5GBA
6GC
7DS
8Wii

if I were to go to 10

9DC
10playstation

Mostly what people say here is feelings and opinion, but I dont think you can argue that anything created is 'more important' than the NES.  Not only did the NES help get the video game industy back on its feet, but it introduced millions upon millions of people to console video gaming.

RolStoppable said:
Pristine20 said:
In G4's version of this, the ps1 was #1. That one, I agree with. It's simple really: ps1 made the big transition from courting those who have no money to spend to those who spend their own money. The wii now successfully reaches all audiences but ps1 made the first major expansion of the industry and it's way too early to even judge the wii's contribution.

What you describe wasn't much of a feat, because the PlayStation was released at a time when the first generation of kids who grew up with videogames was old enough to have a job and therefore an income. It was the natural progress of things.

Additionally, if you compare the PS1 numbers to the NES numbers (difference of 40m), the growth came mainly from Europe and Others (about 32m). Factor in ten years of population growth in the USA, the rise of multiconsole ownership (because the kids who grew up on videogames had an income now) and there wasn't a major expansion, at least not in the sense of growing existing markets which was the main criteria when I compiled this list.

You have to remember, the NESD was around for like 13 years or something.

NES #1 imo