By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Watchmen: Better in almost every way than "The Dark Knight"

Makepeacefox said:

I, and some of my friends thought Watchmen was far the better movie of the two:

I like this.  It's an honest opinion of why you thought something was better than another thing.  You're not presenting your opinion as fact, you're not acting snooty, but instead you're presenting a simple "I liked A more than B and here's why."

This thread was refreshing.

Around the Network

Neither.

My only Batman background comes from the Batman cartoons I watched when I was young, and what little stuff I picked up from the old movies.
And I didn't even know Watchmen existed until I heard about the movie, so I'm pretty blank on the backstory.

I thought both movies were extremely good, but at the same time also very different, and I can't say which one I like the most. Both were very awesome in their own ways.

lol the only thing even good about Watchmen is the one really hot chick.

coolestguyever said:

You mean that bitch that couldn't act and made me want to drive ice picks in my ears every time she talked?

Nah, I'll take the performances by Rorshach, Dr. Manhattan, and The Comedian over her... Actually, I'll take every performance in the movie over her.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
coolestguyever said:

You mean that bitch that couldn't act and made me want to drive ice picks in my ears every time she talked?

He didn't say he liked her lines or acting.

Around the Network

To be honest I was iffy about about both movies.
I guess I like TDK a little bit more, as a movie meaning if it were on tv I'd be more willing to watch it.

I was just glad that the basic idea behind watchmen was in the movie.

As my name suggests it took me awhile to getting around to posting...

I'll explain later...

rocketpig said:
coolestguyever said:

Nah, I'll take the performances by Rorshach, Dr. Manhattan, and The Comedian over her... Actually, I'll take every performance in the movie over her.

Well, to be fair the director didn't give her many chances to show her acting skills. There was only one sex scene (the scene at nightowl's hideout doesn't qualify) and there was more of his ass than her ass. Now seriously, one of the worst cinematographed sex scenes ever.

Anyways, TDK is the better movie. Watchmen is all over the place and attempting to follow too closely the source material did it more bad than good, comics aren't films. They work in different ways.

By far the biggest issue of watchmen:the movie is that while the comic was a parody of superheros, the movie comes off just as a bad superhero movie. 

In my opinion the only characters that worked at all were rorshxachks (spelling) and the comedian. The rest were quite flat. Well, to be honest rorshxakcs is flat as well, but at least as a parody it worked well.

While I don't agree with those hyping TDK to high heaven, as far as superhero movies go, at least in my book, it's a superior effort.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

rocketpig said:
coolestguyever said:

Her acting was okay, but thats not what I was talking about. All I mention was she looks really fine.

scottie said:
Haven't seen the Watchmen, but I can guarentee that it was better than the Dark Knight.

This.