By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will you buy final fantasy XIII on the first day? and on wich console?

twesterm said:
Undying said:
Stats87 said:
I love how there is a whole wack of comments that go "....but FFXII sucked" or "...because FFXII was awesome".

FFXII has clearly replaced FFVIII as the most polarizing of any Final Fantasy.

XII was a good game. People just hate if bacue they could not figure out how to play it right. I read once that a guy played the whole game (maybe not the whole game) giving out commands manually to each character...can you imagine?

Considering you don't actually get good gambits for like 10 hours I can believe it.  I've said it many times-- I hate FFXII (though I don't know if I hate it more than FFVIII).

I can't remember the locations of the gambits, but even if it was 10 hours, that would sound about right for game progression out of a 70+ hours game (more like 150 if you're a completionist).

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Undying said:

XII was a good game. People just hate if bacue they could not figure out how to play it right. I read once that a guy played the whole game (maybe not the whole game) giving out commands manually to each character...can you imagine?

Considering you don't actually get good gambits for like 10 hours I can believe it.  I've said it many times-- I hate FFXII (though I don't know if I hate it more than FFVIII).

I'll actually admit that while I set my gambits early on for a bit, I forgot to change them for a good chunk of the game. Then eventually I thought to finally alter them again to be better suited to my current level/skills and noticed how much easier the game became once I did.

p.s. FFVIII rocks

twesterm said:
Undying said:
Stats87 said:
I love how there is a whole wack of comments that go "....but FFXII sucked" or "...because FFXII was awesome".

FFXII has clearly replaced FFVIII as the most polarizing of any Final Fantasy.

I loved VIII as well. The only FF games i did not like was III and XI (I refuse to play it)

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Stats87 said:
twesterm said:
Undying said:

I'll actually admit that while I set my gambits early on for a bit, I forgot to change them for a good chunk of the game. Then eventually I thought to finally alter them again to be better suited to my current level/skills and noticed how much easier the game became once I did.

p.s. FFVIII rocks

In boss fights i would take control of my healer and kinda monitor the battle and watch my gambits kick ass. Decoy and Beserk on my Tank :)

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Yes and PS3.

But the question is mute point for people like me that own one of the HD systems at the time of getting FF13... PS3 owners will say PS3 and 360 owners will say 360

But, the real question is those PS360 owners, for which system they will get FF13?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@numonex

I don't think there will be a significant difference in both versions, and if there's one, remember which system is the lead-developing one and the exclusive one in Japan...

As for sales, Japan is exclusive so there's some millions, and if it's not (i'm willing to make a bet about that) it still will sell greatly better on the PS3, more than 4:1... EU will also buy more the PS3 version but the difference will be shorter, and in the US, we must see first how PS3 does in the US with JRPGs (that are not late releases or SRPGs), because the 360 is not moving JRPGs in the US, even with an established franchise like Star Ocean... 60k first week for a main title of a franchise that moves 3 times that (and with a 16 million install base) it indicates something...

So if i'm correct, PS3 version will sell better on Europe, will stay exclusive on Japan, and will sell better on the US, and i'm willing to make a bet on that...

Around the Network
The Anarchyz said:

Yes and PS3.

But the question is mute point for people like me that own one of the HD systems at the time of getting FF13... PS3 owners will say PS3 and 360 owners will say 360

But, the real question is those PS360 owners, for which system they will get FF13?

Well I am a multi-console owner and for me it's PS3.

Reasons: I prefer the PS3 controller (360 face buttons = blech) and it feels more natural that I buy it on a Sony system. Only needing one disc is cool I guess, but not a big deal like with other 360 RPG's, as I'm quite used to the PS1 days of 3-4 disc.

Also, even though the PC is heavily involved in the development process, I have a feeling it will look slightly better on the PS3.

TheTruthHurts! said:
First Day.....360....:)

360, doing the full install so no disk swapping, faster load times, better frame rate, less power.

Will look very nice next to my enormous RPG library. Never thought I would say that and 360 in the same sentence, but it is true this gen.

The exact same thing for me.

FF13 on my 360 120gb.

+ Full install (No disc swapping)
+ Completely silent console (No use from disc)
+ Achievements
+ 360 controller best for me

My Gaming Setup

Most likely not buying the game. My opinion of the Final Fantasy series has greatly diminished over the past few generations. The only way I can see myself buying the game is if the put out a demo of the game that I absolutely love. I can't trust reviews, especially when it comes to FF titles. Its going to get 9 or more from every gaming publication whether the game deserves it or not.

First day? Last I checked, FF13 will be exclusive on the PS3 for the first day, via import. I'm not waiting an entire year for ff13 to hit the states.

bbsin, happy to know you understand Japanese language...

I don't.

My Gaming Setup