By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will you buy final fantasy XIII on the first day? and on wich console?

Munkeh111 said:
Shadowblind said:

Demo it first, and if both versions are equal then 360. There is nothing more epic in achievements then 1000/1000 on a Final Fantasy game.(Not XI)

1 disc and the fact that it is a PS3 to Xbox port not good enough for you? I do really want the 1000g too, but it is going to be better on PS3, and you can get a Platinum trophy anyway.

So obviously I will be getting it on my PS3, and getting a platinum, even if it takes 200+ hours

FFXIII graphics would be optimised and will look better on XBox 360 - the XBox 360 has a superior graphics card than the PS3. Big deal PS3 has better sound output due to 7.1 sound as opposed to XBox 360's 5.1 sound

Even if you are right, guess what the XBox 360 version of FFXIII will outsell PS3 version of FFXIII in worldwide games sales. My E3 2009  prediction  is that FFXIII will also come to XBox 360  in Japan region- it is inevitable.

As far as I know the games will be identical and some would give the edge to XBox 360 as is the case with other multi-platform titles XBox 360 beats PS3. Resident Evil 5 certainly has the graphics edge on XBox 360 than the version on PS3.

The same thing was said by PS3 fanboys in regards to GTA IV  and many other multi-platform titles and we all know the complete experience is on the XBox 360 which gives you more through exclusive DLC content exclusive to XBox 360

Around the Network
numonex said:
Munkeh111 said:
Shadowblind said:

Demo it first, and if both versions are equal then 360. There is nothing more epic in achievements then 1000/1000 on a Final Fantasy game.(Not XI)

1 disc and the fact that it is a PS3 to Xbox port not good enough for you? I do really want the 1000g too, but it is going to be better on PS3, and you can get a Platinum trophy anyway.

So obviously I will be getting it on my PS3, and getting a platinum, even if it takes 200+ hours

FFXIII graphics would be optimised and will look better on XBox 360 - the XBox 360 has a superior graphics card than the PS3. Big deal PS3 has better sound output due to 7.1 sound as opposed to XBox 360's 5.1 sound

Even if you are right, guess what the XBox 360 version of FFXIII will outsell PS3 version of FFXIII in worldwide games sales. My E3 2009  prediction  is that FFXIII will also come to XBox 360  in Japan region- it is inevitable.

As far as I know the games will be identical and some would give the edge to XBox 360 as is the case with other multi-platform titles XBox 360 beats PS3. Resident Evil 5 certainly has the graphics edge on XBox 360 than the version on PS3.

The same thing was said by PS3 fanboys in regards to GTA IV  and many other multi-platform titles and we all know the complete experience is on the XBox 360 which gives you more through exclusive DLC content exclusive to XBox 360

You're so sure of yourself man. I didn't realize that you worked at Square-Enix. Thats good to know!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

numonex said:
Munkeh111 said:
Shadowblind said:

I wouldn't be so sure that that FFXIII for 360 outsells the PS3 version worldwide. The PS3 is going to spotted around 2M in Japan, it's going to outsell it in Others by a few hundred thousand and I don't see the 360 version outselling the PS3 version in North American by 2.5M or more. I also think when it comes to multi-consoles owners, most will go with the PS3 version.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

First day, PS3.

Around the Network

I love how there is a whole wack of comments that go "....but FFXII sucked" or "...because FFXII was awesome".

FFXII has clearly replaced FFVIII as the most polarizing of any Final Fantasy.

First day, PS3.

Stats87 said:
I love how there is a whole wack of comments that go "....but FFXII sucked" or "...because FFXII was awesome".

XII was a good game. People just hate if bacue they could not figure out how to play it right. I read once that a guy played the whole game (maybe not the whole game) giving out commands manually to each character...can you imagine?

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Undying said:
Stats87 said:

XII was a good game. People just hate if bacue they could not figure out how to play it right. I read once that a guy played the whole game (maybe not the whole game) giving out commands manually to each character...can you imagine?

Considering you don't actually get good gambits for like 10 hours I can believe it.  I've said it many times-- I hate FFXII (though I don't know if I hate it more than FFVIII).

Undying said:
Stats87 said:

oh my, hahaha, that is absolutely hilarious...while at the same time it gives me a headache just thinking about it.

I thought XII was good as well, not one of my favorites, but still quite enjoyable. Although with all the Hunts, Rare Monsters, Summons, Side Bosses etc. it could get overwhelming at times. I am a RPG completionist so I have to do everything and because of the sheer size of the game it took me awhile. I also found it midly annoying that your teammates only got EXP when in your party, at least they got LP though.