By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will you buy final fantasy XIII on the first day? and on wich console?

Already preordered it from Amazon.com for my PS3.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network
bbsin said:
First day? Last I checked, FF13 will be exclusive on the PS3 for the first day, via import. I'm not waiting an entire year for ff13 to hit the states.

Quoted for fucking truth.  I studied my ass off in Japanese and lived there (Japan) for several months.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm getting the Region-Free PS3 version before anything.  I'm not waiting shit for the Halo and Gears fanboys to be able to get their version.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

TheTruthHurts! said:
First Day.....360....:)

360, doing the full install so no disk swapping, faster load times, better frame rate, less power.

Will look very nice next to my enormous RPG library. Never thought I would say that and 360 in the same sentence, but it is true this gen.

^^the ps3 its the lead platform it will have better frame rate on that, no disc swapping, and HDD is faster than disc.

in my case

ps3.

it will likely be alive by that time, only one disc, and i may import the jap version.

i hope its another killzone 2, with no load screens and install optional.

since HDD > DISC image > any Disc drive.

10 min install VS saving 30-40 minutes of load screens. YEAH!.

i will put easily over 100 hrs in this game i done with every FF since the 7th.

but i am more hype about Versus, Directed by nomura, KH TEAM and Yoko shimura making the music!! ALL QUALITY.

Zlejedi said:
The Anarchyz said:
I'm tempted to import FF13 as well, since i saw the WKC translations...

What WKC translations ?

http://wkcinfo.blogspot.com

And this is a new IP, imagine how many translation sites FF13 is gonna have

After what Star Ocean pulled with the disc swapping, there's absolutely no way I'd entertain the thought of getting it for the 360 unless they plan on doing a special install for it. Even then, my 360 HD is only 20GB so I may as well just get the PS3 version. I'd prefer it on the Nintendo DS myself, though.

Around the Network

Sorry, but I was never a fan of the Final Fantasy series.  I enjoy watching

my friends play the games but they're not for me.  However, it would

probably look awesome on the PS3, of course I don't have one though :(.

Maybe not on the 1st day but I will get it. And on the PS3, of course.

Garamond said:
After what Star Ocean pulled with the disc swapping, there's absolutely no way I'd entertain the thought of getting it for the 360 unless they plan on doing a special install for it. Even then, my 360 HD is only 20GB so I may as well just get the PS3 version. I'd prefer it on the Nintendo DS myself, though.

what did they do?

haxxiy said:
PS3 of course. I mean, getting your airship and having to exchange discs when moving from one area to another must be lame.

beats paying a 200$ premium for the same game...

X360, not day one, I buy online usually.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

PS3 version for me.

Some people seem confuse about the x360 disc swapping business.

I gathered that even with a hard disk install you still need to swap disc, but don't quote me on that.

If you have the core/arcade 360, don't worry, swapping disc will keep you fit.

Both version should be OK relative to the system.