By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Sony leave hardware biz and become only publisher?

numonex said:
Vetteman94 said:
Never, only MS should. Thier hardware is terrible, and thats including past gens.

And no, RE5 and FFXIII wont sell better on the 360 than the PS3. Just like R&C, GoW and GT wouldnt either.

I will take that bet I beg to differ. RE5 and FFXIII on X360 will outsell the same games on PS3 in ltd sales.

Say hello to GTA IV

RE5 may do it. But I still think FFXIII will outsell the 360. I mean most people will get the PS3 version if they have both consoles. And then there is vs. People will get a PS3 just for those two games.

Around the Network

Say hello to DMC4

no killzone for the 360 people even if sony leaves. that willl never happen.

numonex said:
coolestguyever said:
They shouldn't, all they need is a good PS4 and they will be back on top, but if they did they would knock out EA/Activision/Ubisoft as the biggest publishers.

Games like Ratchet & Clank, Killzone, God of War, Gran Turismo on multiple consoles would sell amazingly.

Those games just like GTA IV  and soon RE5 and FFXIII will sell better on XBox 360 than PS3.  If only they were multi-platform the sales would be enormous and huge profits for developers securing their futures in game business.

Right.  Japan says Hi.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Fingers crossed......

To be honest, an industry with Nintendo ruling the casual and MS ruling the hardcore seems to be a perfect industry.

Sony is welcome to stay in the handheld business for all I care.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Better question, Should MS leave...YES and make room for SEGA

???? WHy sega. They have been full of nothing but fail ever since the Saturn.

And they lack the disposable cash like MS to buy exclusivity/timed exclusivity/DLC, etc.

^ Hello Kirby

numonex said:
Vetteman94 said:
Never, only MS should. Thier hardware is terrible, and thats including past gens.

And no, RE5 and FFXIII wont sell better on the 360 than the PS3. Just like R&C, GoW and GT wouldnt either.

I will take that bet I beg to differ. RE5 and FFXIII on X360 will outsell the same games on PS3 in ltd sales.

Say hello to GTA IV

RE5 has a good chance, but Final Fantasy XIII? WHAT? The PS3 has a good 2 million lead from Japan, it'll be around the same in EU, you think that the 360 version can outsell the PS3 version by 2 million in America? It's a JRPG!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Jo21 said:
no killzone for the 360 people even if sony leaves. that willl never happen.

If KZ is their intellectual property, they could sell put the game on either MS or Nintendo's future systems if such a scenario was to occur. Your fanboyism isn't realistic and is quite expected.

Vetteman94 said:

How child-like and blind are Sony fanboys? Sharky was trying to defend fanboys who put their foot in their mouth saying that MS never came out with quality hardware. Sharky your efforts are in vain, because I've just proven my point. Obviously Vetterman you don't have any idea how superior the Xbox was to the PS2 in terms of Hardware. You will only admit to quality as long as it's anyone but MS. Quality is easily attained for Companies like Sony or MS, but it's a critical process that takes time. MS rushed things this gen. If the 360 didn't have RROD you would probably still complain to save your precious mentality.