By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft:"EA knows where the bread is buttered."hints at GTAIV,MGS4,FFXIII

http://communities.canada.com/shareit/blogs/gamesnews/archive/2007/08/29/x07-interview-jeff-bell.aspx Jeff Bell discusses the fact that Microsoft has developed a very strong relationship with EA, stating that Madden on 360 will outsell PS2 and PS3 versions combined. He also sends a lot of love to the Wii (as much as a Microsoft employee is allowed to anyway). Finally he discusses his hope that companies developing titles like MGS4 and FFIII might have reached the "tipping point" where it is a good idea to "make money the old fashioned way" by putting their titles on the 360, presumable for its power and installed base. He also says that he can't confirm rumours that GTAIV is being held up by development on "another platform," but that he would like to see it this year on the Xbox 360. Personally i believe MGS4 will come to the 360, and perhaps (but less likely) FFXIII as well. But i dont think the 360 will see GTAIV this side of New Years. And btw, my main reason for thinking FFXIII will come to the 360 is because Michael Pachter said it wouldn't :)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Lol just cause pachter said it wouldnt doesnt mean it is (def helps though LOL)

Hmm well MGs4 coming to 360 is just like ps3 fans saying bioshock is going to ps3, even though i find it a higher percentage it will come 360 because of higher userbase, i still find it extremely low. I dont know but have they stated, like the people from bioshock, that there is no chance that mgs4 will come to 360? I know the bioshock creator said no ps3 bioshock, but did they make comments on 360 mgs4?

Also FF is slim unless some things occur, and ive listed them in posts before so im to lazy now. That and if it can come to 360, i heard there would be some problems, though im sure they could do it

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

The bioshock creator actually said that they have an exclusivity contract with microsoft, coincidentally, this interview actually restates that. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that MGS4 will come to the 360, and there has been no declaration of any exclusivity contract. That said, its still far from confirmed. As for FFXIII, i think its less likely, i said it primarily, to slip a pachter joke in there:) The main point is that he is right about EA, we've already seen that its shifting resources and developing first for the 360, which is a much bigger deal than people think.

well being that bioshock was going to be PC/360/PS3 orginially.

Oh well. No one will know til a press release.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Yeah but the dev actually addressed the bioshock ps3 code that was found and said that it was originally planned for ps3 and then canned

Around the Network

It's interesting that he mentioned FF13 and MGS4 without directly being asked about them, I think it shows that behind the scenes they're probably making at least some kind of effort to get them (I'm not saying they will be successful, just that they're likely trying).

Microsoft is really determined to win this war. They have a lot of things going. Viva Pinata versus Mario Party. Blue Dragon versus FF. New Falcon Xbox. A possible new price cut. Getting EA on their side. Getting JRPGs. One-two punch of developing for both the Xbox 360 and PC at the same time. Getting Bioshock a console exclusive. Getting content and timed exclusives from other developers. Popular IPs on their side like: Halo, Fable, Pinata, Gears of War... Halo Wars for next year. I doubt it that this is all the cards they have. They are probably working on some new stuffs.

How I wished Nintendo is not that secretive...???!!!! Their cards better be good...

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

I agree with legend. I went back and looked and he definitely wasn't asked about MGS4 or FFXIII. "Lets be honest. There's only two major franchises that are TALKED ABOUT NOT APPEARING on our platform: Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid." HE brought them up of his own accord. This is certainly nowhere near proof that these titles will come to the 360, but i feel it is proof that behind the scenes microsoft are making a solid effort for them (no pun intended). Otherwise, why bring them up?

yea I agree with starcraft and legend on this. For the sake I think Microsoft is trying to convince Square Enix and Konami to put both of those titles on the console. I don't see any problem with them. Only some Sony fanboys will point out that disk space will be a problem. Which I don't see a problem with what so ever.

Xbox 360 has a unique easy to use hardware and Konami and Square should jump aboard and make ports of those games.

MGS4 announced for the 360 is a wait and see!

@jheco05

ff vs blue dragon? Yea they are trying to get sony of the market, that was there goal since the beginning. Why do you think they want nintendo to be their friends? Like they say "my enemies enemy is my friend".

mM