By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft:"EA knows where the bread is buttered."hints at GTAIV,MGS4,FFXIII

Look like we have a few arguments going on here. If I say something about this topic someone may jump on me so I'll wait til things cool down.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Around the Network

I don't think you guys realize that FFXIII on the 360 won't help S-E any and they would have to be desperately afraid of the PS3 US salse to even consider the idea. FFXIII main sales will come from Japan, EU PS3 sales will be perfectly fine by the time FFXIII releases since it will get massive boost from GT5. The only issue is the US and I am positive that Square are not going to port the game just for a few US people to buy the game. This is not Madden, the US don't line up to play Final Fantasy games.

S-E gain nothing by putting this game on the 360, not to mention it would require them to re-programme everything onto the UE3 engine. If this game is ported anywhere, it will be to the Wii where it will have the biggest impact and make the most profit for Square.

FF will not appear on the 360. There is just a 0% chance.

Why do you think that SE and Konami havent already announced ports of their games? Its because Sony has already paid for exlusivity or timed exclusivity.

SE have no ports to announce that is why nothing has been announced. If you are waiting for FFXIII announcement then I hope you are a very paitent person because you will be waiting for a long time, like forever.

jhlennon1 said:

I don't think you guys realize that FFXIII on the 360 won't help S-E any and they would have to be desperately afraid of the PS3 US salse to even consider the idea. FFXIII main sales will come from Japan, EU PS3 sales will be perfectly fine by the time FFXIII releases since it will get massive boost from GT5. The only issue is the US and I am positive that Square are not going to port the game just for a few US people to buy the game. This is not Madden, the US don't line up to play Final Fantasy games.

S-E gain nothing by putting this game on the 360, not to mention it would require them to re-programme everything onto the UE3 engine. If this game is ported anywhere, it will be to the Wii where it will have the biggest impact and make the most profit for Square.

Why do you think that SE and Konami havent already announced ports of their games? Its because Sony has already paid for exlusivity or timed exclusivity.

SE have no ports to announce that is why nothing has been announced. If you are waiting for FFXIII announcement then I hope you are a very paitent person because you will be waiting for a long time, like forever.

Studies have shown that as little as five minutes of research a day can prevent Foot-In-Mouth disease:

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=765

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=759

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=760

You might want to reconsider your stance on the importance of USA Final Fantasy sales. And considering that the 360 has well over a 3-to-1 ratio in America and nearly a 3-to-1 ratio in PAL regions over the PS3, it's more than "just a few US sales". SE would be stupid not to at least entertain the thought of porting FFXIII.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
jhlennon1 said:

Research has shown that as little as five minutes of research a day can prevent Foot-In-Mouth disease:

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=765

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=759

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=760

You might want to reconsider your stance on the importance of USA Final Fantasy sales. And considering that the 360 has well over a 3-to-1 ratio in America and nearly a 3-to-1 ratio in PAL regions over the PS3, it's more than "just a few US sales". SE would be stupid not to at least entertain the thought of porting FFXIII.

I am well aware of the Final Fantasy sales in the US but they are not at a level where they validate a port of a game that is well in development on a engine that sucks at porting games. This game will easily sell over 1mil in the US on the PS3 and only an idiot or a fanboy think it won't. Remember, FFXIII is the last big exclusive to hit in the US and the userbase will be well enough.

The difference is the issue, there is nothing for Square to gain and I can guarantee that Square will see it the same way. FF main focus is Japan, Square's main focus is Japan and S-E have said so MANY times. The 360 won't get major games from S-E until their sales in Japan increase, simple as that.

jhlennon1 said:

This game will easily sell over 1mil in the US on the PS3 and only an idiot or a fanboy think it won't.

The 360 won't get major games from S-E until their sales in Japan increase, simple as that.

It will probably sell 1m in the US but there is a possibility that it could fall under that number. The last three PS2 FF games sold around 1.5m, 2.0m, and 2.7m in the US with a userbase around 30m. The PS3 will probably have about 1/5th that userbase when FFXIII releases.

jhlennon1 said:

"The 360 won't get major games from S-E until their sales in Japan increase, simple as that."

Again, as little as five minute of research a day can prevent Foot-In-Mouth disease. Unless you don't consider The Last Remnant a "major game".

Around the Network

@rocket pig

There is no possibilty FF XIII can fall under 1 million. FF fans will get a ps3 for that game as simple as that.

mM
leo-j said:
@rocket pig

There is no possibilty FF XIII can fall under 1 million. FF fans will get a ps3 for that game as simple as that.

There's a chance it could. A small chance, but a chance none-the-less. In case you haven't noticed, the FF series has been in steady decline sales-wise since FFVII. VII sold nearly 10m copies while XII sold less than 5m. Almost every game in between those two has shown steady decline.

In the US, the series doesn't carry nearly the weight it did 10 years ago. American gamers have been shifting to WRPGs en masse over the past few years, preferring choice over the staid-and-true linear formula of most JRPGs.

rocketpig said:
leo-j said:
@rocket pig

There's a chance it could. A small chance, but a chance none-the-less. In case you haven't noticed, the FF series has been in steady decline sales-wise since FFVII. VII sold nearly 10m copies while XII sold less than 5m. Almost every game in between those two has shown steady decline.

In the US, the series doesn't carry nearly the weight it did 10 years ago. American gamers have been shifting to WRPGs en masse over the past few years, preferring choice over the staid-and-true linear formula of most JRPGs.

You said it right that the US is moving away from JRPG's which is why there is just no chance of a 360 port. If the game goes anywhere it will be to the Wii to maximise sales in Japan.

Final Fantasy XIII has a VERY low chance of being ported, but 0% chance to the 360.

Again, as little as five minute of research a day can prevent Foot-In-Mouth disease. Unless you don't consider The Last Remnant a "major game".

Last Remnant is not a major game and you will find it's sales will tell you exactly that when it releases. By major game I am talking the likes of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts which have great development teams and made S-E one of the best RPG makers in the business. Those are the games assured to bring a console success, not a game like Last Remnant.

The reason why the FF series has been declining is becuase it has not shown the amazing accomplishments of FF 7. FF XIII has that though. Its a nex gen title, FF 10 was the best selling FF game last gen easily and one of the best selling games. When it was released to greatist hits I doubt it stayed at around 8 million. Here's the perfect plan for FF XIII sucess:

Mid 08 :

Release FF VII remake exclusively on the ps3.(This will outsell FF VII on the ps1 for sure)

Late 08:

Release FF XIII on the ps3 exclusively
(Will gather the hype from the sucess of FF VII on the ps3)

Those two scenarios are the perfect way for making FF XIII an amazingly well selling FF game. And brining japan back to sony.

mM
leo-j said:
FF fans will get a ps3 for that game as simple as that.

I don't know about that. I'm a Final Fantasy fan and I have no intention of getting a PS3.