By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft:"EA knows where the bread is buttered."hints at GTAIV,MGS4,FFXIII

If MS would've went with HD DVD or another higher storage media (VMD? Something developed specifically for it?) they would've had a higher chance of getting those games. Also they need to release Halo for the DS.

Around the Network
jhlennon1 said:

I don't think you guys realize that FFXIII on the 360 won't help S-E any and they would have to be desperately afraid of the PS3 US salse to even consider the idea. FFXIII main sales will come from Japan, EU PS3 sales will be perfectly fine by the time FFXIII releases since it will get massive boost from GT5. The only issue is the US and I am positive that Square are not going to port the game just for a few US people to buy the game. This is not Madden, the US don't line up to play Final Fantasy games.

S-E gain nothing by putting this game on the 360, not to mention it would require them to re-programme everything onto the UE3 engine. If this game is ported anywhere, it will be to the Wii where it will have the biggest impact and make the most profit for Square.

FF will not appear on the 360. There is just a 0% chance.

Why do you think that SE and Konami havent already announced ports of their games? Its because Sony has already paid for exlusivity or timed exclusivity.

SE have no ports to announce that is why nothing has been announced. If you are waiting for FFXIII announcement then I hope you are a very paitent person because you will be waiting for a long time, like forever.

Thats the point!?! Thats what i was saying. Sony paid SE some cash, hence ports are cancelled! Please dont sellectively edit my posts.  If you goback and read the context of that quote you'll find i was commenting on Sony's hypocritical "not paying for exclusivity" thing

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

jhlennon1 said:
rocketpig said:
jhlennon1 said:

I don't think you guys realize that FFXIII on the 360 won't help S-E any and they would have to be desperately afraid of the PS3 US salse to even consider the idea. FFXIII main sales will come from Japan, EU PS3 sales will be perfectly fine by the time FFXIII releases since it will get massive boost from GT5. The only issue is the US and I am positive that Square are not going to port the game just for a few US people to buy the game. This is not Madden, the US don't line up to play Final Fantasy games.

S-E gain nothing by putting this game on the 360, not to mention it would require them to re-programme everything onto the UE3 engine. If this game is ported anywhere, it will be to the Wii where it will have the biggest impact and make the most profit for Square.

FF will not appear on the 360. There is just a 0% chance.

Why do you think that SE and Konami havent already announced ports of their games? Its because Sony has already paid for exlusivity or timed exclusivity.

SE have no ports to announce that is why nothing has been announced. If you are waiting for FFXIII announcement then I hope you are a very paitent person because you will be waiting for a long time, like forever.

Research has shown that as little as five minutes of research a day can prevent Foot-In-Mouth disease:

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=765

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=759

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=760

You might want to reconsider your stance on the importance of USA Final Fantasy sales. And considering that the 360 has well over a 3-to-1 ratio in America and nearly a 3-to-1 ratio in PAL regions over the PS3, it's more than "just a few US sales". SE would be stupid not to at least entertain the thought of porting FFXIII.

I am well aware of the Final Fantasy sales in the US but they are not at a level where they validate a port of a game that is well in development on a engine that sucks at porting games. This game will easily sell over 1mil in the US on the PS3 and only an idiot or a fanboy think it won't. Remember, FFXIII is the last big exclusive to hit in the US and the userbase will be well enough.

The difference is the issue, there is nothing for Square to gain and I can guarantee that Square will see it the same way. FF main focus is Japan, Square's main focus is Japan and S-E have said so MANY times. The 360 won't get major games from S-E until their sales in Japan increase, simple as that.

Last we heard the game was only 13% complete and the White Engine was designed for multiplatform.  Also its Sony that tells us how easy it is to port from ps3 to 360, so that debunks your comments.

Leo has remarkable faith in a game that not only has he not played, but 10's of millions of people have played and lack the faith in that game.

At the same time, it would be cool, but that's about it. Just cool.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Poor 360 owners, you got no good games MS has to talk about PS3 ones.

Kinda sad.

Around the Network
AllAll said:

Kinda sad.

Ignoring the fact that he is wrong for a moment, isn't such a trollish comment worth of a ban? Or a warning at least?

He has just trolled in other threads. I'm pretty sure he will get banned.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

AllAll said:

Kinda sad.

Yeah, we "poor 360 owners" have nothing to do but play Bioshock and Blue Dragon while we wait for the meager offerings coming our way called Halo 3, Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, and Ace Combat 6.

Oh, wooooeee is me.

Jackass.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

jhlennon1 said:
rocketpig said:
leo-j said:
@rocket pig

There is no possibilty FF XIII can fall under 1 million. FF fans will get a ps3 for that game as simple as that.

There's a chance it could. A small chance, but a chance none-the-less. In case you haven't noticed, the FF series has been in steady decline sales-wise since FFVII. VII sold nearly 10m copies while XII sold less than 5m. Almost every game in between those two has shown steady decline.

In the US, the series doesn't carry nearly the weight it did 10 years ago. American gamers have been shifting to WRPGs en masse over the past few years, preferring choice over the staid-and-true linear formula of most JRPGs.

You said it right that the US is moving away from JRPG's which is why there is just no chance of a 360 port. If the game goes anywhere it will be to the Wii to maximise sales in Japan.

Final Fantasy XIII has a VERY low chance of being ported, but 0% chance to the 360.

Again, as little as five minute of research a day can prevent Foot-In-Mouth disease. Unless you don't consider The Last Remnant a "major game".

Last Remnant is not a major game and you will find it's sales will tell you exactly that when it releases. By major game I am talking the likes of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts which have great development teams and made S-E one of the best RPG makers in the business. Those are the games assured to bring a console success, not a game like Last Remnant.

Last Remnant is a major game, look whos creating the game. Do some research before you just start saying that only big name games, are major games.

Very low chance indeed, but ALWAYS  a chance on the 360, you cannot say it has a 0 chance, sorry but you cant. If a few things happen the % could sky rocket. At this point your saying, that SE would rather remake the game onto the wii, where we all know jrpgs rain supreme /sarcasm Remake the game, downgrade models and change gameplay. Genius...... Though it could happen, you cant say wii is the only possiblility.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Mario Party vs Viva Piñata... What!!!????