By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 NEW patch

Downloading patch...

Time to get some Boost ribbons.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

They definitely CODed the controls. Iron sights used to take a second to bring up, they sped the animation WAY up so now it takes a split second and you can keep firing while you do it. The turning sensitivity went up too. It's alot twitchier now. You don't have to think so much about where you want to be, and pick a good spot to shoot from as run, iron sight, headshot, and whoever is quickest on the draw wins.

What's stupid is this is just going to keep the number of people angry at the same number. There will still be a large section of people that are still unhappy because they are twats, and there is now going to be a base of people who are angry that they just turned it into COD. This hasn't solved anything other than changing the people who are pissed off, and now it's just going to be the people that defended the game and enjoyed it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

@venga

how's multiplayer?

i just tried the single player and loved it

i can finally shoot the helghast while they are running using iron sight.

I see your point ,,,the game become noob friendly.

The_vagabond7 said:
They definitely CODed the controls. Iron sights used to take a second to bring up, they sped the animation WAY up so now it takes a split second and you can keep firing while you do it. The turning sensitivity went up too. It's alot twitchier now. You don't have to think so much about where you want to be, and pick a good spot to shoot from as run, iron sight, headshot, and whoever is quickest on the draw wins.

What's stupid is this is just going to keep the number of people angry at the same number. There will still be a large section of people that are still unhappy because they are twats, and there is now going to be a base of people who are angry that they just turned it into COD. This hasn't solved anything other than changing the people who are pissed off, and now it's just going to be the people that defended the game and enjoyed it.

The question I've been asking myself lately is,  "What if the game with CoD'ish aiming already?"...

Would people say the game isn't sluggish enough? Would they say it's too much like CoD4? Or would they look at the things that make KZ2 what it is, such as the class-based multiplayer, 32 player limit, lack of cheap perks (such as Martyrdom), increased recoil, etc?

I'm testing out the controls now and even if the game aimed like CoD4, I personally think it'd still be nothin like it. I have the game running right now and I really love how beefy all the guns feel - it's also good to have a magnum that can't be fired as fast as an automatic

Now if people truly feel that having CoD4 aiming would make Killzone 2 just a clone, think about it......that's basically like saying KZ2 is such a lacking game, that without it's "unique aiming feel", it'd be an inferior game

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Don't get me wrong, I'm still loving the game. It definitely made it a bit more "noob friendly" as it were, I can tell because I'm getting twice the scores I was earlier today and have been since I got the game. If I'm doing this much better, then it's because they made it easier for crappy players to play.

It definitely hasn't "ruined" the game or anything so dramatic. But it has changed the pacing, there is alot less of a weighted feeling to the actions. Which disappoints me slightly because I enjoyed how the game felt. But I'm still having a ton of fun, and after a few days I won't even notice anything as per usual. I'm just somewhat sad for GG that had to compromise their vision for a a couple thousand very vocal whiners that were suffocating the community. I mean out of 750,000 people that bought the game in the first week, I doubt the majority even thought anything about the controls. But the ones that did, certainly made themselves known.

Anyway, I'm still having fun with it and intend to in the future.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

i noticed i get killed so much faster now....sigh...

The_vagabond7 said:

Hear, hear!

It's not Call of Duty. It still feels pretty much the same, I personally think it's better now.

I played the last level of the campaign post patch (but back then, I didn't know what the patch did), like I said, it didn't really have any significant impact. It is noticeable now, when I think of it, but at no point did I think "Hey, did they tweak the controls?"

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Next up a party system please

Ynwa.

I got it and the controls are Awesome!!!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Ajescent said:
BxN said:

It's apparently out in Europe (should be ready tomorrow in the USA).

I've heard that they have tweaked the controls a little bit. Is there any European poster who could give us some updates on it ?

Thanks

edit:

Here's what I found on Playstation's official boards:

UPDATE; The patch (1.20) has been released, it is 16MB, full list of changes below;

• Stability issue regarding randomly named games resolved.
  • Stability fix when rapidly tapping (X) can cause crash on spawn-select.
  • Stability issue regarding Saboteur’s disguise ability resolved.
  • Stability fix on ‘Creating game’ with a blank name.
  • Stability fix for repeatedly entering exiting game.
  • The Ignore list functionality corrected.
  • Unlock of “Frontrunner” Medal now functioning correctly.
  • Fix for incorrect award of win to clan not showing for game resolved.
  • Battle Replay for Corinth Crossing not appearing correctly on www.killzone.com.
  • Issue with not being able to defuse the Search and Destroy objective resolved.
  • HUD issue correction during Assassination mode when playing as a Medic.
  • Controller input tweaks and modifications.
  • Fix for auto-lock on of shotgun exploit.
  • Fix for D-Charge issues in Campaign mode.

Can the haters claim a victory?

Unfortunately yes. They removed part of what made the game control so uniquely. They removed practically all acceleration when you move in single player.. in general a lot of the weighty feel the game had.. and stuff.. meh.

It's feels less like it should, less like a shooter made for analogues. Less tactical... meh

Check out my game about moles ^