By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 Sales Discussion

bugrimmar said:
it's extremely frontloaded as it is. it's going to have a huge dropoff in the coming weeks.

its march, meaning there's no christmas boost.

it's practically a new title since killzone 1 wasn't exactly a great game nor a huge success. that means it doesn't have a fanbase to compete.

there are a ton of new big titles coming out, and people's 60 dollars can only go to so many places.

it's exclusive to the console with the smallest user base. and from what we've seen in the first week, it doesn't push hardware by a significant number.

there will be no legs in this title. and there's no point saying it beat world at war PS3 coz that also means it only got less than half of what world at war did. world at war is a call of duty game, meaning it has a huge fanbase, and was released in christmas time. there's no comparison.

I know what you're thinking.

"Damn, my prediction of only 2 million lifetime probably won't come true!"

:P

Around the Network
Bullet100000 said:
Yhea they funny thing is that most negative threads come from people that don't even own a Ps3!!!

yes, unhappy trolls. it's very funny...

PLAYSTATION®3

makingmusic476 said:
bugrimmar said:
it's extremely frontloaded as it is. it's going to have a huge dropoff in the coming weeks.

it's practically a new title since killzone 1 wasn't exactly a great game nor a huge success. that means it doesn't have a fanbase to compete.

there are a ton of new big titles coming out, and people's 60 dollars can only go to so many places.

it's exclusive to the console with the smallest user base. and from what we've seen in the first week, it doesn't push hardware by a significant number.

there will be no legs in this title. and there's no point saying it beat world at war PS3 coz that also means it only got less than half of what world at war did. world at war is a call of duty game, meaning it has a huge fanbase, and was released in christmas time. there's no comparison.

2 million lifetime is still my prediction. and it's going to come true.

i promise, it won't touch anything more than that. unless it gets bundled to hell like motorstorm did.

its bundled. there will be legs, just look at LBP

bugrimmar said:

Its Sonys huge title, will get bu\ndled to death, Unchated is past 2.5 million bud.  This thing with its online will have far better legs then that.  And Graphically it wont be riveled any time soon let alone surpassed. 

Will be the game to buy for many new PS3 byuers for a long time.

Around the Network

wow.. mod fanboys.

The first million in sales is a given. Now it's time to see if the hype can make the game sell into the over 5 million category.

bugrimmar said:
makingmusic476 said:
bugrimmar said:

2 million lifetime is still my prediction. and it's going to come true.

i promise, it won't touch anything more than that. unless it gets bundled to hell like motorstorm did.

2mil, your Joking right???

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

internet hype =/= real world hype. it may be all the rage in every forum in the world, but that doesn't translate to real world sales.

all the dudes who bought into the internet hype are part of the first 1 million sales. the other million is going to be from a lifetime of 10k+ a week sales.. so basically 2 million is going to take a long ass time.

but again, if it gets bundled to hell like motorstorm, then sure it can have its 3 million.

is this mod a ps3 fanboy?