By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: 02/23 - 03/02

Now imagine if Yakuza 3 doubles its first week sales ^_^

Around the Network

Wow. That would be freaking phenominal.

Make up the budget right then and there!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Looks like Lafiel and I posted the same thing at the same time!

RPG said:
After RE5 there is nothing big for either PS3 or 360 besides the demo but then again everyone knows this. It is rather shocking that there is absolutely nothing of substance releasing on the PS3 or 360 in Japan after RE5 besides the FF twins. GT5 is coming goodness knows when but that franchise is not very big in Japan or NA as it once was.

Will sound like a broken record here but at least in that one region it is time for the PS3 to get a price drop. None of the big upcoming PS3 titles have much appeal in Japan so without a price drop sales will probably drop sub 10k. With a price drop I will be shocked if sales drop below 10k again.

There's little point in dropping the price when there are no releases to back it up. Q4 would be the best time to drop the price, just before Winning Eleven (still selling 200k on PS2), Tekken, FFXIII, and whatever Sony are planning on releasing this holiday. If SE do delay FFXIII then I can see Polyphony being under a hell of a lot of pressure to get GT5 out in Japan this December.

Interesting you mentioned GT5 because it is now on the JP Playstation site software list as TBA so maybe it is coming sooner then we think. Then again GT4 portable is also on the list so probably clutching onto straws here being that the game I got my PS3 for has yet to release. +_-

Around the Network

So Yakuza Kenzan sold 350k, VGz under tracked it by 50k.