Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: 02/23 - 03/02

Star Scream said:

A Nintendo fan at GA posted this comparison:

Media Create Sales

Code:
Wii 64,535 (2008/02/25---2008/03/02)

Wii 17,876 (2009/02/23---2009/03/01)

Wow. Just wow.

Nintendo needs some serious help. They aren't able to continue their success. The PS3 and 360 are just kinda business as usual though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I think Square Enix made a mistake by announcing DQX too early, if it doesn't sell as well as the previous ones, it could seriously dent the series' popularity.

As for the Wii sales in general, JP announcements don't get bigger than DQX. There's really not that much Nintendo can do, except gamble on some new 1st party IPs.

The Wii will be fine guys.

Wow. If SE doesn't bring SO4 to the PS3 or Wii, I'd be concerned that the franchise might wither and die. I wonder if they considered that, in their 360 exclusivity agreement?

yakuza 3 ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ go demons souls¡¡¡¡¡.

Around the Network
Kenology said:
The Wii will be fine guys.

I hope it will be for the sake of any console getting any kind of Japanese support. But it's just shocking to me the major differences in the worldwide demand for the Wii.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Interesting note on MC site:

『真・三國無双 MULTI RAID』は21.9万本を販売。消化率は79.69%。PSPで発売された「無双」シリーズの初週実績としては、これまでの最高値だった『真・三國無双』(6.1万本)を大幅に上回る好調なスタートに成功している。

"Shin Sangoku Musou: Multi Raid" sold 219k, 79.69% sell-through. The highest PSP "Musou" debut, beating "Shin Sangoku Musou" (61k).

^ 4 lines and it only say that?.

luisgvm said:
^ 4 lines and it only say that?.

It also says the focus is on local multiplayer, so it (presumably) appeals to Monster Hunter crowd.

YerTWRoO said:
Is it meant to say "03/01" in the title? or do Medis Create use a (rightly so) linear measurement of dates (ie they measure from beginning of Monday to beginning of Monday, rather than saying Monday-Sunday)

Yeah, it should be "03/01", that's what I get for just cut and pasting from Neogaf :p