By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is with the positive reactions to KZ2 sales????

It was a Halo killer. It killed Halo by being a much better game. As far as sales go, a better question is what accounts for all of the negative reactions to positive Killzone 2 sales. Seems like 360 fans are troubled by the fact that the new king of cosole fps games is now exclusively on PS3.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network
BTFeather55 said:
It was a Halo killer. It killed Halo by being a much better game. As far as sales go, a better question is what accounts for all of the negative reactions to positive Killzone 2 sales. Seems like 360 fans are troubled by the fact that the new king of cosole fps games is now exclusively on PS3.

sooo... hows life in the room with the padded walls?

Dude.. lets recap....

Halo3,
- the third installment of a great franchise
- The publicity for this game was more expensive that the game itself

Killzone2
- The second game of a weak franchise(i wont count killzone psp....)
- And its a exclusive game on the most hated console ever.

I dont know what "halo killer" even means...
But killzone2 its the new fps king, and chances are ODST wont change that....

Modern warfare 2 has a good shot =P

Congratulations to guerrilla, its not easy to compete with the big boys (halo, COD, Gears) but they pulled it off.

PSN = vic_haste

I have no idea Myths and Legends. Do you?

Heavens to Murgatoids.

psrock said:
I have never seen a game get on people's nerve so much.

That means it's really awesome and people can't get over it is an actual good game.

Haters are going to hate.

Around the Network

@ The-Prophet

The title of the this thread should be:

"What is with all the negative reactions to the positive reactions to KZ2 sales????"

Tifa got MOVES!

I think you (prophet) totally misunderstood what PS3 fans where talking about in regards to Killzone taking on Halo.

No one expected K2 to outsell halo, what they meant was that in time, maybe by the time k4 is out, that it will have built up a fanbase that can compete with the Halo series. At least that's the way I interpeted it.

Halo is FPS king, GT is driving king and mario is simply the king.

no i dont but the jacket does seem like fun

Just agreeing with TC, for the biggest game for PS3, all the waiting, etc etc

Those sales R NOT GOOD, really makes u question how many PS3's have found themselves regulated to BluRay players??

And Hardware sales, it did nothing????

I thought the game would be massive, it is a fun game  i'm on second playthrough

Halo has the clear advantage that is irrefutable.

It was received better by critics, it sold more copies and its still played and loved by millions of people. You may personally think kz2 is better but the rest of the world currently disagrees with you.

We'll see if killzone 2 is still played heavily in a year and a halfs time. Halo 3 will be, if killzone 2 can get halo's longevity then we can have a proper argument about what games is better. People are too close to the hype atm to think objectively.