By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 hype is over whats next ?

antfromtashkent said:
WereKitten said:
starcraft said:

Thats true.  A successful announcement.

But then Microsoft did the same with Too Human and it was a fiasco.  Now they have learnt their lesson, Sony has yet to do so.

To be honest, Alan Wake still has to prove its worth, though as a PC gamer I cross my fingers.

And Sony might not look cautious, but none of their early-announced games failed to deliver. As for the future what are the long-term announcement? GOWIII, Uncharted 2, GT5, FFXIII...

You know what? I feel uncautious too and I will bet with you that none of them will pull a "Too Human" on us. Want to set the terms of a bet? ;)

mmmm imma go with Lair and Haze

Edit: but ofcourse it all depends on what u mean by "early"

I was going for "Alan Wake early"... E3 2005 they announced MGSIV, KZ2, DMC4, Tekken6, Warhawk, GT5, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword plus the misterious Rockstar western game. Several devs admittedly announced back then a number of titles that never materialized though.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Around the Network

to enjoy kz2 and all of its glory

are people forgetting the new twisted metal? FFXIII verus? God of War 3, GT5, Infamous, White Knight, Quantum Theory, MAG, Uncharted2, Rachet and Clank, and more I cant even think of right now cause I have to piss.

Also I love how microsoft fans always say "but we have call of duty and bioshock!" Its just very funny. They name games that are on both systems :] I am willing to bet a KZ2 expansion is out before the end of 09. Maybe sometime around November. Would get people interested in it and the expansion around Christmas. It would drive up the number of copies sold quite a bit.

tombi123 said:
See unlike the Wii and 360, the PS3 has lots of big exclusives coming this year

InFamous
White Knight Chronicles
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted 2
God of War 3

Those are the ones I'm most looking forward to.

If all of these come out this year, I will send you $100.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

I think the next Team ICO game, (when/if) it's announced will be the next king of hype on PS3; the level of hype may depend on the graphics, which i couldn't see not being some of the best on the console. I'm sure GoW3, infamous, and GT5 will get a fair share as well though, and not to mention Twisted Metal PS3.

Around the Network
kuraobi said:
Leonidus said:
kuraobi said:
Nothing I hope. KZ2 has been pretty terrible for the forum, it's been heavily polluting it for so many weeks that it was almost unbearable. Now we're slowly getting rid of all this pointless talk about such an average game, so let's hope the forum will return to normal for as long as possible.

Are you serious? How can it be terrible for the forum.....it created good conversations and discussions, probably attracted more users and got us by a pretty boring time of the year.

And as for claiming KZ2 is an average game....its now obvious you don't own a PS3. I mean I don't love the Xbox for various reasons, but at least I have the decensy to say that Gears of War is fantastic. Go look at some of Killzone's review scores and stop talking drivvle.

There's been a lot of games released lately but all the talk was about KZ2 so yeah it was definitely annoying.

And yeah I don't own a PS3, there's no game on this console that interest me and I already have fairly enough games to play on my Wii and X360. And I don't like FPS at all either. But even being objective, KZ2 was neither a critical hit (around 90% average, dozens of games every year do better), nor a commercial hit (not even a million copies sold WW yet), so yeah it's pretty average.

Coming from someone who cares very little about Killzone 2 and even less about the shooting genre, you have an incredibly narrow view of what a well-received game is.

Although I hate using Metacritic averages as a measure of quality, I will simply because you decided to do so. 91% is fantastic! Are you kidding? So you most certainly are not being objective. If you were, the first thing you'd have to do to call a game average, is play the the game.

@psrock - I think that's a pretty good idea. Just lock all of the unnecessary threads. There have been way too many KZ2 threads to shift through in the past while.

FastFord58 said:
tombi123 said:

InFamous
White Knight Chronicles
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted 2
God of War 3

If all of these come out this year, I will send you $100.

Ok cool.

I should work for sony. Id give them so many great ideas. :D

starcraft said:
tombi123 said:

InFamous
White Knight Chronicles
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted 2
God of War 3

Was the trolling really necessary?

Not including unannounced games of which Microsoft will have far more than Sony, the Xbox 360 likely has:

Alan Wake
Halo: ODST
Mass Effect 2
Bioshock 2
Star Ocean 4
Halo Wars
Ninja Blade
GTAIV DLC
Killer Instinct 3
Splinter Cell: Conviction

All of those off the top of my head quickly, followed by the Wii which has:

Oh wait...

was the trolling against the wii really necessary?

the wii has:

Wii sports resort

The Conduit

Madworld

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

inFamous is the next big release for the PS3 from what I can remember.