By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamepro -- Killzone 2 VS Halo 3 (Is KZ2 a Halo Killer?) YES IT IS!!

madskillz said:
Wake me up when the KillZone franchise ...

Serves 1 billion customers

Gets Pepsi-Cola created a variant of one of their drinks for the game

Has 7-Eleven sell KillZone Slurpees

When Burger King has special promotions featuring Helghast and KillZone designs and/or logos

Appears in a NASCAR race - a KillZone inspired paintjob

Has its main theme song as a downloadable track on Guitar Hero or Rock Band

Gets at least 6 novels and a couple graphic novels

And even has political pundits like Keith Olbermann talking about it as his top story

Gets $300M first week sales

Until then, after playing it several hours and earning trophies, it's an awesome game, but why compare it to a game that came out nearly 2 years ago? I would hope it did better - but still - it may (I was blinded by fanboy bias in the *writer's* comparison post) outpace it but KillZone will never, ever have that kind of following.

A better game? Yeah - it's had much more time to get it polished and the like.

A better franchise? Not even in the same galaxy.

I guess you didn't know the Halo 3 was in development since the original Xbox days.  Killzone 2 was in development for 3.5 years (2 of those years were full scale production).  In other words, they both have been in development for about the same amount of time.

Around the Network

I won't dignify this thread with a decent answer... pure glorified BS....

It is like asking if LBP beats Mario...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Ascended_Saiyan3 said:
madskillz said:
Wake me up when the KillZone franchise ...

Serves 1 billion customers

Gets Pepsi-Cola created a variant of one of their drinks for the game

Has 7-Eleven sell KillZone Slurpees

When Burger King has special promotions featuring Helghast and KillZone designs and/or logos

Appears in a NASCAR race - a KillZone inspired paintjob

Has its main theme song as a downloadable track on Guitar Hero or Rock Band

Gets at least 6 novels and a couple graphic novels

And even has political pundits like Keith Olbermann talking about it as his top story

Gets $300M first week sales

Until then, after playing it several hours and earning trophies, it's an awesome game, but why compare it to a game that came out nearly 2 years ago? I would hope it did better - but still - it may (I was blinded by fanboy bias in the *writer's* comparison post) outpace it but KillZone will never, ever have that kind of following.

A better game? Yeah - it's had much more time to get it polished and the like.

I guess you didn't know the Halo 3 was in development since the original Xbox days.  Killzone 2 was in development for 3.5 years (2 of those years were full scale production).  In other words, they both have been in development for about the same amount of time.

You phail at reading comprehension.

Did Halo 3 just come out? Was KillZone 2 out nearly 2 years ago? Was Guerilla sitting on their thumbs with the finished product the day Halo 3 hit? So what about development. How long has Halo 3 been out? Once it's out, you can release patches, but KillZone was still in development until it went gold a month or two ago.

It's like Oblivion, Bioshock - the later releases should look better than the original. My heavens - did you just read over everything else?

The game *may* look better and even play better than Halo 3, but I didn't see local news talking about Gamestops overflowing with fans. If it hits 1M for the opening week, I'll be shocked.

Sales will speak....

haha

Meh. Can't say I agree with the article's criteria grading, but I do agree KZ2 is better than Halo 3. Chances are, though, the next Halo shooter will be better than KZ2, and so it goes.

Around the Network

well, multiplayer and replayability are all pretty much speculation regarding killzone 2 since it just reached store shelves. but, given the nature of the game - fps where the focus is multiplayer - it stands to reason that this category maybe should have tied... or gone to halo 3.

i am glad that they kept graphics out of this comparison.

kz2 is better then halo3 but extras should defo have gone to halo. a better system would have been to score each section out of 5 or 10 then added up the scores at the end

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Euphoria14 said:
In a game like Halo 3, are all weapons, etc.. available to all players from the get-go or do you need to work your way up while enduring massive frustration?

I am like 50 pts away from Engineer. Hopefully I begin to enjoy it then.

Single player was absolutely AMAZING for me, but I can't see myself playing the multiplayer long-term. I'd rather play Unreal Tournament. At least the battle field is equal for all player where skill is the only thing that separates you.

when you learn good turret placement the engineer is awesome. Prepare to have to learn to hit close, moving targets though :P engineer is shotgun only. In either case i can definately see what you mean. If you get the body count badge then play some body count only matches.. will rank you up quickly. It can get boring only playing body count though.

Check out my game about moles ^

madskillz said:

A better game? Maybe. (fix'd)

That is actually a good comparison at the end.  MAYBE KZ2 is a better game than Halo 3, all things factored in.  But as a franchise, it has light years to go.  And to be a "Halo Killer" it has to end up being a better franchise.

This is like comparing Forza to Gran Turismo.  Forza has a LONG way to go before it is consider a better franchise than Gran Turismo.

richardhutnik said:
madskillz said:

A better game? Maybe. (fix'd)

That is actually a good comparison at the end.  MAYBE KZ2 is a better game than Halo 3, all things factored in.  But as a franchise, it has light years to go.  And to be a "Halo Killer" it has to end up being a better franchise.

This is like comparing Forza to Gran Turismo.  Forza has a LONG way to go before it is consider a better franchise than Gran Turismo.

As a game KZ2 has not the replay value of Halo 3. Wait a couple months to see what I mean.