By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I hate the new gamerankings website!!

Not bad....I have missed it considering that I use gamerankings and metacritic as my (only) sources for reviews.

Around the Network

It does look kind of plain though.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

It's awful, I really really really hate it, all that wait, and now this. The only reason that I use it ahead of metacritic is that it has Uncharted at 90% (2sf) as opposed to 88 on meta

Here's why it changed:

What happened to GameRankings in February 2009?

GameRankings originated on Windows back in 1999, and its basic architecture had hardly changed since. Since GameRankings was purchased by CNET in 2003, and then since the merger with CBS in 2008, fewer and fewer people with the company were able to maintain and update the site.

After a server failure in February 2009, the decision was made to quickly move the site onto the standard CBS Interactive server setup, re-using existing code and templates from other game sites.

http://www.gamerankings.com/help.html

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Doesn't look that bad IMO.

Around the Network

I actually really like it. I visit GFaqs on occasion (admittedly less since I've signed up here), and I've always liked the set-up.

Doesn't look that good. Kinda bland.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Well, all I can say is that It looks a lot nicer that it did a couple of weeks ago.

Plus, it's a lot easier to actually find what you're looking for, which was my biggest complaint from the get go. So in the end I'm really enjoying the new and improved GameRankings.