By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unreal Tournament 3

I was just over at Gametrailers and noticed they had a new video for UT3, it is a developer walk through and shows off several weapons and vehicles. The game looks and plays fantastic from the video, it appears to run really smooth and fast. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24261.html

Around the Network

That is f'n sweet.

EDIT: Most fun looking deployables I've ever seen.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I didn't plan to buy this game but... I will pick it up. It looks and play awesome.

Looks uber sweet, god damn Epic knows their art.

Any one know anything about the single player ??

Killzone3 said:

hopefully it's ALOT better single player than the last one i played, not holding my breath though.

Around the Network

And for the PC version , I heard that you can run the game perfectly on the same PC on wich Bioshock has frame skips ... yep , its an Epic game ( no pun intended :P ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I really hope this game doesn't take away from Call Of Duty 4's sales. Infinity Ward has really put alot of effort in this game. They've built the game separately from the 360, which means it isn't a port. Unlike UT 3, this game will be running at 60 FPS with the some of the best graphics to ever hit a console. Call Of Duty 4 is a master piece that deserves to sale well.

Killzone3 said:

you don't buy UT3 for single player.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

That's running at 30fps? It looks super smooth.

grandmaster192 said:
I really hope this game doesn't take away from Call Of Duty 4's sales. Infinity Ward has really put alot of effort in this game. They've built the game separately from the 360, which means it isn't a port. Unlike UT 3, this game will be running at 60 FPS with the some of the best graphics to ever hit a console. Call Of Duty 4 is a master piece that deserves to sale well.

Yeah, UT3 is at 30fps like Gears of War was on the 360. However, the latest issue of PSM previews 9 FPSes. Not all of them are coming out this fall but with 2 of the 3 biggest FPS developers releasing Orange Box and UT3, respectively, it'll be hard for for many other FPSes on the PS3 to stick out.

Haze looks good, CoD 4 looks good (and will compete with Halo 3 on 360 as well), and even Blacksite Area 51 looks good. Timeshift is looking pretty sweet now as well.  MoH: Airborne just came out and Brothers in Arms is also coming out in November.

It's defintely the fall of the FPS.

Oops, I forgot, Quake Wars is coming out as well. So Valve, Epic, and id (and Bungie if you consider Halo in that same league which I don't) are all releasing FPSes this fall. Crazy.

At least Killzone 2 will get some space.