By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Sports Resort to beat Halo 3?

Launch sales eh, well it might. It should be very close.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

It will be huge, however launch sales will be weak in the same way Wii Fit was. Primarily because it's bundled with HARDWARE.

If Nintendo oversupplies, then maybe, but when have they been one to do that?

The other issue is user motivation. They would have to get their full audience hyped about it, and they haven't said a word about Wii Sports Resort since E3

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

FreeTalkLive said:
Not only will it not beat Halo 3 1st week sales, Nintendo won't even ship 3 million copies for 1st week. Remember, Nintendo still cannot even make Mario Kart discs fast enough to keep up with demand.

Oh, yes though. WSR is far more important to gaming then H3 and will sell more, overall.

Because cute fun casual titles are important, and big budget titles with gobs of features that keep people playing 2 years after launch are just fluff?

Jereel Hunter said:
FreeTalkLive said:
Not only will it not beat Halo 3 1st week sales, Nintendo won't even ship 3 million copies for 1st week. Remember, Nintendo still cannot even make Mario Kart discs fast enough to keep up with demand.

Oh, yes though. WSR is far more important to gaming then H3 and will sell more, overall.

Because cute fun casual titles are important, and big budget titles with gobs of features that keep people playing 2 years after launch are just fluff?

Yes actually. People will still be playing Wii Sports (and presumably resort) for much longer than two years. I'm amazed people still don't get that.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
Jereel Hunter said:
FreeTalkLive said:

Yes actually. People will still be playing Wii Sports (and presumably resort) for much longer than two years. I'm amazed people still don't get that.

It's not the same man.  People might pull out the wii and blow the dust off when they are having a party or something, but people that play halo play it on a very regular basis (i.e. at least once a week).  I would say the majority, not all mind, but the majority of people that buy this game will play it pretty regularly the first month, and then hardly touch it.  I think you are overthinking the casual mentality.  They are called casual players for a reason.

And think some people still don't get, how the Wii is selling: word of mouth!

So I see no chance at all, that it will beat ANY of the mayor PS3/X360 titles in the first week.

But it will beat ALL of the PS3/X360 titles in lifetime-sales.

So the wii "hardcore"-crowd buys it, shows it to friends, after a month or so, every however small TV-journalist might have seen it and shown the new motion controls in their TV-Shows and the games continues to sell and sell and sell and sell.

Next thing, like FreeTalkLive said, Nintendo got not only a different strategy with advertisement, another important part of the legs is, keep your products rare. I still don't see a single Wii fit in shops. Probably it's the lack of production capacities, but in the end it works fine for them.

One_touch_KO said:

Me says no. It is famous, but its not a long-waited AAA, so it won't have godly first impact sales but it will have goddly legs, just like Wii Play, Mario Kart and Wii Fit.

This.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I doubt it. I don't think most of the people who bought the wii for wii sports are waiting for an update but I could be wrong.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Im guessing around a Million for first week, then monster legs as Ninty then advertise the life out of it with the usual "family playing together" thing and the "celebrity family playing together" thing.