By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Might MS be guilty of false advertising with Halo Wars (Moraly)

It seems MS isn't trying to give the general consumer any indication that Halo Wars is an RTS and not an FPS ( for obvious reasons) , "Halo Wars" as opposed to "Halo 4" should ring some alarm bells in theory but as well all know consumers aren't generaly too knowledable about the games they buy . The reason I made this topic is that  I was telling my friends about how awesome killzone 2 was and the XBOX 360 owners said "just wait for Halo Wars" much to their suprise I told them that Halo Wars wasn't a FPS . 

Around the Network

Morally and MS does not compute *explodes*

I think RTS kinda hits on their hardcore market, wonder why they wouldn't want to advertise that.

I saw the Halo Wars commercials and they look like an FPS game. MSFT is playing dirty, I guess.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

and e3 2005 kill zone 2 trailer ?

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

No. No they're not. It's that simple. They're not trying to mislead anyone. It's a CGI trailer of story, it doesn't hint anything about gameplay whatsoever.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
point x said:
and e3 2005 kill zone 2 trailer ?

How was this false advertising... have you even played the game? Its as close to it as they could possibly get imo...

OT: some people mignt belive it to be a FPS... well find out soon enough i suppose

What Halo Wars is an RTS???? jk but yea it does seem like MS doesnt want everybody to know its not a FPS.

If i never knew what type of game Halo Wars was, and by looking at that trailer, I'd guess its not a sequel but maybe an online-only FPS game.

It gives the impression of an all out war in the Halo universe, which is what it is.

And I like that your trying to prove that MS is guilty of false advertising on moral grounds.. ah!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Just because the trailer feels "Halo-ey" does not automatically mean they're trying to make it look like an FPS. I personally felt the RTS vibe when they showed the rows of tanks and warthogs advancing, then the line of Elites with Banshees behind them.

What's with the PS3 fanboys and all the FUD lately toward Halo Wars? Don't you have anything better to do like say... play Killzone?

So tell me exactly where they call it an FPS and I'll believe you when you say it's false advertising.

Should this be false advertising?

OMG My book isn't a FPS and I'm too stupid to actually look into what I'm buying!!!