By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Might MS be guilty of false advertising with Halo Wars (Moraly)

stof said:
No. No they're not. It's that simple. They're not trying to mislead anyone. It's a CGI trailer of story, it doesn't hint anything about gameplay whatsoever.

This.

Around the Network

I was thinking this same thing when I saw the commercial! Im like wow they making it out to seem like it's Halo but from a different perspective...I think alot of people will be fooled by it...then again idk but when I buy a game I actually like to read the back cover or whatever and see how it looks from there also...

This thread is very bad. It shows a war. Thats what the game is based on. Someone please close the thread now.

Hm... maybe not FPS so much as a fighter? Kart racer? no, no it looks pretty RTS to me.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Carl2291 said:
point x said:
and e3 2005 kill zone 2 trailer ?

How was this false advertising... have you even played the game? Its as close to it as they could possibly get imo...

OT: some people mignt belive it to be a FPS... well find out soon enough i suppose

ohh,,my god....  all 360 players are idiots,no read news,no read vgchatz,..?please,

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

Around the Network
twesterm said:
So tell me exactly where they call it an FPS and I'll believe you when you say it's false advertising.

Should this be false advertising?

OMG My book isn't a FPS and I'm too stupid to actually look into what I'm buying!!!

Lol that a bit too exreme of a comparison...... Some of the "un-game savy" consumers will look at this and think it is a FPS being that its is a halo game and that all that they have been.... not saying that this is false advertizing.... but its deffinantly unclear advertizing.... The first time i have heard about this game (a really long time ago), by the name alone i figgured it would be a FPS.... obveustly looking into it helped....

they do kinda make it look like a FPS

point x said:
Carl2291 said:
point x said:
and e3 2005 kill zone 2 trailer ?

How was this false advertising... have you even played the game? Its as close to it as they could possibly get imo...

OT: some people mignt belive it to be a FPS... well find out soon enough i suppose

ohh,,my god....  all 360 players are idiots,no read news,no read vgchatz,..?please,

So your saying I'm a idiot?

Former something....

antfromtashkent said:
twesterm said:
So tell me exactly where they call it an FPS and I'll believe you when you say it's false advertising.

Should this be false advertising?

OMG My book isn't a FPS and I'm too stupid to actually look into what I'm buying!!!

Lol that a bit too exreme of a comparison...... Some of the "un-game savy" consumers will look at this and think it is a FPS being that its is a halo game and that all that they have been.... not saying that this is false advertizing.... but its deffinantly unclear advertizing.... The first time i have heard about this game (a really long time ago), by the name alone i figgured it would be a FPS.... obveustly looking into it helped....

So you're saying every Mario game should be a straight platformer?  Things like Paper Mario, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, and Super Mario RPG shouldn't exist.

Ever REsident Evil game should be exactly the same with same camera and controls?  RE4 and RE5 are actually false advertising because they changed the camera and gameplay.

No, every should be the same because some people are too stupid to actually research the product they buy and buy on name alone.  Heaven forbid a series should actually try to branch out.

This has already been discussed to death.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=61659&page=10

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41