By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 9 (2009) : Killzone 2 & Halo Wars DEBUT! which will win??!!

Darth you really need to learn how to make a decent thread, first the "killzone 2 does 750k first week" and now this. Leave the sales threads to Star Scream and BKK2. ;)

Around the Network

What's amazing is that Call of Duty 4 is not far behind World at War. The sequel will generate ridiculous sales this November.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

RPG said:
Darth you really need to learn how to make a decent thread, first the "killzone 2 does 750k first week" and now this. Leave the sales threads to Star Scream and BKK2. ;)

No-one except for you and BKK2 seem to be having a problem with my threads

as for the killzone 2 thread (which has amassed 100 + posts.....it won't have 100 posts if people hated the thread),.......you came in it & once again started to whine about it....

If you don't like a thread I suggest you do 4 things:

1. make a better one & prove my one was bad

2. don't post in it (ignore it if it makes you so angry)

3. Message me about it

4. Report it

apart from you yesterday & BKK2 today no-one else seems to be complaining about threads

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

and 72k
good numbers

I expected more ..
specially from Kz2

I LOVE GIGGS said:
and 72k
good numbers

I expected more ..
specially from Kz2

Not 120k for Killzone 2, but somewhere between 72k and 120k.

Around the Network

wow, so sad for halo wars. i mean, yeah, kz2 has had a ton of hype and i'm really glad it is doing well....but c'mon, halo wars is a halo game which i believe is the second largest franchise atm behind gta. i really thought the halo name was stronger than this.

@kitler

"wii" is the most popular franchise ATM

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@kitler

"wii" is the most popular franchise ATM

okay, right.  i will retract my 'second largest franchise' statment but i stand by my point.  I took a quick look at the sales for halo3 - first week:3.8M LTD:9.1M.  to be tracking under hz2 which is around 0.75M+ according to brett is still sad to me.

BK22 is right. Seneque did a good work in the past threads, he wrote that he was busy. The older threads was formatted, all charts was at the first posts. Not like "OMG Killzone wins everywhere".

kitler53 said:
wow, so sad for halo wars. i mean, yeah, kz2 has had a ton of hype and i'm really glad it is doing well....but c'mon, halo wars is a halo game which i believe is the second largest franchise atm behind gta. i really thought the halo name was stronger than this.

What Darth failed to mention (3 guesses why?) that supposedly Halo Wars sold nearly 20% of what Halo 3 sold in it's first week. So if that is true and is a worldwide figure will mean Halo Wars could potentially have sold nearly 750k worldwide, making it the fastest selling RTS game, beating the previous C&C3:TW by 3 to 1. Of course that figure depends on if that trend is actually worldwide or not. If we use the C&C numbers Halo Wars will have at least sold 300k worldwide.

The other interesting bit of info Darth failed to mention, KillZone 2 marks the first Sony game to hit number one in 2 years. Who would of thought that?