By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 (Aiming Lag) Videos.

Rpruett said:

If this were a universal problem, wouldn't many other games be showing the signs of this?

Well, as I said its 'unpredictable' and depends on how you make the game. It is caused by waiting for another core. Sometimes it can respond sometimes it does have work and cannot respond and you have to wait for it. If you have more room for those cores, there won't be waiting, but if you max everything there can be waiting if theres too much to handle. On heterogeneous platform this can be very bad issue, because of differences of cores/processors. Anyway its just about the same thing that happens in fps drops too(HW can't handle set fps because of amount of data it has to process.) just a bit more complicated and harder to fix.

Around the Network
kramikosi said:

People complain on the smallest damn thing. The lag is because it's gonna feel like there is weight while pulling the weapon from side 2 side. GOD DAMNIT,  REALISM. Do your god damn research, jesus christ.

I haven't played KZ2, so I wouldn't know, but in real life it's really easy to twitch your aim back and forth, and you can turn and aim your weapon pretty damn quickly when you need to. From what I've heard of KZ2, it's sluggish and/or slow movement, which quite frankly doesn't sound realistic at all. If you're in a situation where it's fight or flight, you're gonna damn well have quick reflexes.

So how realistic is KZ2, really? I wish one of my friends had a PS3 so I could try it out.

Deneidez said:
Rpruett said:

If this were a universal problem, wouldn't many other games be showing the signs of this?

Well, as I said its 'unpredictable' and depends on how you make the game. It is caused by waiting for another core. Sometimes it can respond sometimes it does have work and cannot respond and you have to wait for it. If you have more room for those cores, there won't be waiting, but if you max everything there can be waiting if theres too much to handle. On heterogeneous platform this can be very bad issue, because of differences of cores/processors. Anyway its just about the same thing that happens in fps drops too(HW can't handle set fps because of amount of data it has to process.) just a bit more complicated and harder to fix.

Don't you believe that other games (Other than practically what amount to 'Launch' games on the PS3) would suffer from these same side effects?   Wouldn't you believe that (Knowing how controls can cripple a game, I know I traded in GH3 because of them),  they would avoid this by using solutions from other developers? 

I think it was a design choice.  Plain and simple.  The biggest issue for people is the acceleration the longer the button is held in.  It isn't a steady feel.  Like Halo or Resistance the speed is the same.  Regardless if you pressed it for a short period of time or a long period of time.  

The effect that this has is simple.   If you mis-aim to your target and end up let's just say "To the right".  Then you are trying to adjust back to your target on the left, but the distance you need to move isn't very far and the controls move slower when you initially press them.   This causes definite issues (Unless you are comfortable with the controls) with aiming.

wfz said:
kramikosi said:

People complain on the smallest damn thing. The lag is because it's gonna feel like there is weight while pulling the weapon from side 2 side. GOD DAMNIT,  REALISM. Do your god damn research, jesus christ.

I haven't played KZ2, so I wouldn't know, but in real life it's really easy to twitch your aim back and forth, and you can turn and aim your weapon pretty damn quickly when you need to. From what I've heard of KZ2, it's sluggish and/or slow movement, which quite frankly doesn't sound realistic at all. If you're in a situation where it's fight or flight, you're gonna damn well have quick reflexes.

So how realistic is KZ2, really? I wish one of my friends had a PS3 so I could try it out.

Certainly.  Then again for as quick as you can twitch back and forth with the gun,  how easily can you hit a moving target while doing so and being shot at the same time?  In real life,  not very easily.  Likewise in Kill Zone 2 it is not easiest thing in the world.   Resistance/Halo and games of that ilk it is easy to do.   Different strokes for different folks.  

It's a different type of aiming style that takes time to get used to.  Some might not like it.  Some will love it.  Just like anything else.  Personally,  I am indifferent to them.  If I wanted Halo or Resistance controls,  I would play those games.

I'm happy KZ2 isn't the standard 'twitch' shooter.  Very happy.

I'm having fun with the MP guys. I still don't get this lag. Maybe my eyes are just bad

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

But it looks so amazing. Look at those sweet graphics.

Who cares if it runs at only 5/6th of the speed that it's supposed to?

It's realistic for a gun to not fire immediately when you pull the trigger. Didn't you know that?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

If you are having lag problems and you have a 1080P set you need to force the TV into game mode and if that fails/don't have game mode you need to force the game to upscale to 1080P. If you don't the screen will buffer several frames to upscale which introduces even more of a time delay.

What the game mode does, is it takes away the post processing on the TV so it doesn't buffer frames to process, it just displays what the PS3 sends it.

Tease.

I didn't have this problem in the Demo.

4 ≈ One

Btw, after going through those 'Theres is no lag' videos there is lag even in those videos. Is there any video that shows no lag(noticable)?

On elite difficulty there is no crosshair.