By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 (Aiming Lag) Videos.

Rpruett said:
KylieDog said:
5 frames of lag from a 30 FPS video isn't small, that is 1/6 of a second, which is very noticable (hence all the complaints).

So many people trying to twist facts around the input lag so don't have to face with deadzone problem too.

..and for those trying to blame the TV set-up, watch the damn vid, he proves this isn't a TV set-up issue in the video.

The only defence anyone has come up with in this thread are things the videos already disprove.

From the guy whose been hating Kill Zone 2 since day one.... I take it with a grain of salt.

From the guy who doesn't like Gran Turismo because it's boring (Even though it does exactly what it's genre of games is supposed to do).   I take it with a grain of salt.

The game was designed to feel and control the way that it has.  Period.  Plenty of people (A majority over 200,000 + ) find the controls to be just fine.   They aren't 'newb' friendly and aren't like other shooters.   They will take some time but once you get used to them they work wonderfully and it's just as simple as that.

I can remember Garnett hyping the game and saying its crap just after he had played it.

OT:

So thats how they did the graphics, by making more rendering time for themselves. Yes, I know its still 20-30fps, but if its predictable its much easier to render. I wonder can they ever fix this. :)

Around the Network
Deneidez said:
Rpruett said:
KylieDog said:
5 frames of lag from a 30 FPS video isn't small, that is 1/6 of a second, which is very noticable (hence all the complaints).

So many people trying to twist facts around the input lag so don't have to face with deadzone problem too.

..and for those trying to blame the TV set-up, watch the damn vid, he proves this isn't a TV set-up issue in the video.

The only defence anyone has come up with in this thread are things the videos already disprove.

From the guy whose been hating Kill Zone 2 since day one.... I take it with a grain of salt.

From the guy who doesn't like Gran Turismo because it's boring (Even though it does exactly what it's genre of games is supposed to do).   I take it with a grain of salt.

The game was designed to feel and control the way that it has.  Period.  Plenty of people (A majority over 200,000 + ) find the controls to be just fine.   They aren't 'newb' friendly and aren't like other shooters.   They will take some time but once you get used to them they work wonderfully and it's just as simple as that.

I can remember Garnett hyping the game and saying its crap just after he had played it.

OT:

So thats how they did the graphics, by making more rendering time for themselves. Yes, I know its still 20-30fps, but if its predictable its much easier to render. I wonder can they ever fix this. :)

I was talking about Kylie.  And life goes on.  Not everyone likes every critically acclaimed game. I loved Halo 1.  I didn't like Halo 2 or 3.  Gears 2 didn't do it for me (Outside of Horde mode).   Resistance 2 was meh.  Resistance 1's online was horrendous.

The controls are fine and were designed that way intentionally.  (Could it have been for rendering time?  Possibly, but I doubt it.)  They had several years to perfect this game and make sure it sold well.   I think the controls (And game in general) were designed intentionally to force you to put in your time to become good at the game. I'm okay with that.  The controls work well once you put some time into the game and get comfortable with them. (Although I prefer Alternate 2 control scheme for Online mode).

Like I said,  COD4 you can go online within an hour of initially starting the game and be number one on your team with some regularity.  KZ2 for most people is not the same type of learning curve.   It has much of the same learning curve as Counter Strike does for the PC. 

I just acquired the General ranking earlier tonight and I would say about mid-way towards accomplishing that I felt completely at ease with the controls.  I can aim.  Shoot.  Kill.  The shotgun is a one shot gun from lethal distance.  I get plenty of pistol kills.   I can finish in most games in the top 3  regardless of circumstances.    But I was certainly horrendous for quite awhile.

Also,  it helps getting better weapons.  The Light Machine gun certainly helps.

KylieDog said:
Rpruett said:
KylieDog said:

...because my views on games alter reality and change actual facts, right?  What does Gran Turismo have to do with controls in Killzone 2 btw?

Next empty defence?

(I had Killzone 2 on pre-order btw, it wasn't until I played the demo, then the full game that I cancelled it)

The comment on Gran Turismo is just a pattern of ignorance in general that cannot be overlooked.  Certainly not an empty defense.

And I'm aware that you had KZ2 on pre-order.  (Until you played the demo).   Since then no one on this board has heard the end of it.  We get it,  you don't like KZ2.   (Most people do though).  You're in the minority.  Don't play it if you don't like it? 

I mean what else is there to say?

Rpruett said:

The controls are fine and were designed that way intentionally.  (Could it have been for rendering time?  Possibly, but I doubt it.)  They had several years to perfect this game and make sure it sold well.

It could be rendering time or... You know they haven't fixed Guitar hero 3 lag yet either. Also warhawk had similar lag. I think it can be too mainly because of 'unpredictable' asynchronous processing. In other words it could be because of CELL and its way to handle data.

Okay. Whatever makes you happy.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Deneidez said:
Rpruett said:

The controls are fine and were designed that way intentionally.  (Could it have been for rendering time?  Possibly, but I doubt it.)  They had several years to perfect this game and make sure it sold well.

It could be rendering time or... You know they haven't fixed Guitar hero 3 lag yet either. Also warhawk had similar lag. I think it can be too mainly because of 'unpredictable' asynchronous processing. In other words it could be because of CELL and its way to handle data.

Good points.  Although GH3/Warhawk were relatively early into the PS3's console lifespan were they not?  I have yet to see this issue plague any recent games. Additionally,  I'm pretty sure much of GH3's problems were related to that extra 'dopple ganger' needed to be plugged into the USB adding another layer the signal had to flow through.

If this were a universal problem, wouldn't many other games be showing the signs of this?

Again it just doesn't add up.  The controls IMHO were purposefully an acquired taste.  It's a different kind of shooter (Thats for sure.)

@ Kylie

Ohhh so basically you want those ppl who didn't notice this "LAG" to say "FORGIVE US ALMIGHTY KYLIE FOR WE DIDN'T AGREE WITH YOU BECAUSE THE ISSUE WAS UNNOTICEABLE WE DIDN'T SEE IT WITHOUT DOING A SLOWMO ON A GAMEPLAY VIDEO"

KylieDog said:
Oh I am sorry, what has changed with Gran Turismo between games that warrents more than patch worthy updates?

They added dirt tracks, some customisation options, a few regular trcks, the graphics jumped between consoles by stayed pretty much identical when multiple games on a single console.

If you have played GT1 then jump to GT5-P aside from graphics most people won't know of any difference, the people using the tuning options are the minority.

..and please don't start the double standard crap with opinions. There are enough people running to every topic yelling "KZ2 iz awesome, teh best evah!". If it is acceptable for them to keep repeating themselves it is fine for anyone who wants to tell of the games negative issues.

The only reason I posted in this thread is because of those people who flat out denied any issue existed. Well here we are with proof and I wanna hear what they have to say now (for the most part they are still closing their eyes and claiming it don't exist, with evidence showing otherwise staring them int he face).

I really want to see if any of them will open there eyes and admit there is a problem.

Not that I want to turn this into a Gran Turismo thread (But what do you expect from a Driving "Simulator"?)  Toadstools and Mushrooms and Prize Boxes?  I mean let's get realistic.  If you want an arcade racer,  go play Dirt or Motorstorm or Forza. 

As for your opinions on the game?  I'm okay with you voicing your opinion that you dislike the game.  However, you refer to your opinion as fact that the game itself is flawed.  Which is anything but fact. 

Problem?  Or intentionally  designed controls?    Like myself (and many others have said)  the controls take time to get used to but work absolutely great once you reach that point.  (For me it was about 4 hours into the SP and after achieving the rank of General on MP).

There will never be a game that everybody likes. Ever. People dislike Ocarina of Time.

I've said this many times, and I'll say it again.

If there ARE control issues, why do so many people not see them?

If there ARE control issues, why did over 750,000 people buy this in the first week?

If there ARE control issues, why have none of the 200+ reviewers said so?

If there ARE control issues, why the hell is the game so damned amazing?

If there ARE control issues, why do I have no problems whatsoever with the controls?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

People complain on the smallest damn thing. The lag is because it's gonna feel like there is weight while pulling the weapon from side 2 side. GOD DAMNIT,  REALISM. Do your god damn research, jesus christ.

2 reasons for 360 sales.

Cheap arcade version, wich the mom buys for the kids.

And microsoft's wallet.