By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Report: World of Warcraft is as addictive as cocaine

^ Genesis I think.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

Sonic is cocaine ^^

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Mario is acid, Mario has been acid for 20 yrs

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
Sonic is cocaine ^^

I thought Sonic was Speed.... but alright.

I still don't understand any of this. I love WoW and play it but I don't even find it remotely addictive.

PC Gamer
Around the Network

Really funny article, not a fan of MMORPG, but for those who love it I suppose it can be as addictive as cocaine

I had 2 level 70's, and 8 other characters over level 40 when I quit, just before WotLK was released. I have over 350 in game days played over all of my toons. Go armory Zenfoldor. Rogue was my main, Mage was my alt.

I quit one day because I moved. Best thing that's ever happened to me. However, I think I'll probably start back when I upgrade my pc. God help me.

I've also have a vast knowledge of the cocain, from experience with different sources that I'm not willing to divulge here. I can't say which is more addictive. Addiction is 90 percent mental, even DTs are nothing compared to mental addiction, DTs don't keep you coming back, your mind does. Mental. Anything can be addictive, and WoW is about as much fun as can be had by a certain type of obsessive personality, while coke, as momentarily addictive as it is, isn't even as physically addictive as cigarettes.

Heroine, and to a greater extent, meth, are the most addictive substances physically, and fuck no, WoW is nowhere nearly as addictive as meth, because that is a severe physical addiction on top of the mental one.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

well, there ya go.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

S.T.A.G.E. said:
City17 said:
I spent so much time playing 1-3 that when WOW was released and there no end except level capping I decided to not risk it. I still have a free trial sitting around here somewhere but I remain strong. I have seen many friends disappear for long periods of time because of this game.

Don't use the free trial. They'll get you with special offers and the $15 a month. That could feed a starving child in a third world country. This game is of the devil. LOLZ X P

But with that money Blizzard feeds poor, small, starving ogres and make them grow up to big, healthy, badass end-level bosses

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

People lack willpower.