By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident evil 5 wii petition

It seems as if you have something invested in shooting this down Viper? Not a fan of seeing the Wii get a good game that they paved the way for?

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network
Gelmer said:
It seems as if you have something invested in shooting this down Viper? Not a fan of seeing the Wii get a good game that they paved the way for?

No, I just hate seeing people get hopes up and/or have unrealstic ideas about how the industry works.  I'm not being negative about the game, Capcom or the Wii but speaking truthfully regarding the aspects of our industry this falls under.  

If more people understood how the industry works, these peitions would never get made.  They'd also post a lot better but that's a different matter. 

It's just a sad fact that we know so little about the industry we all cherish so much.  We demand things without knowing anything about how to implement those demands.  We speculate about coporate actions and thinking yet never understand how these corporate decisions are made and what influences them.  We tend to think of developers as fanboys in some fashion that make games for the system they like most and rarely consider the fact it's a business just like millions of others and fanboyism is never taken into account for a corporate decision.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
The validity of any petition that is targeted by the very fans relevant to the petition is limited. Capcom already knows the fans will buy it. They do their own market research to find this stuff out anyway.

Ok, let's say your an exec, what does 10,000 signatures from an online petition that takes 10 second to sign by the games very same fanbase suggest in terms of retail sales globally?

What is the anticipated rate of return on investment?

What artwork and game code can be saved to reduce costs?

What resources will have to be allocated to develop the title?

What financial losses will be incurred by reallocating those resources from current projects?

What is the final development cost?

What is the marketing cost?

What is the distribution cost?

And more. Thankfully Capcom publishes most of their own games or else it would get twice as complicated.

10,000 signatures means it will likely sell 100,000 with minimum marketing.  There is over 21K, so it will liekly sell over 210,000.  Given the sales of RE4 on the wii, these can be considered minimum, as actual sales would likely be larger than RE4 for the wii.

I am guessing they would want to see closer to 50,000 signatures to consider it worth while porting effort.  As mentioned, it's easier to port to a higer end system than it is to port to a lower end system.

Ah, but everything is worth trying. Fifty thousand is our goal, and sure the petition has slowed down, but it will be worth it. Sometimes human beings need to try, sometimes they need to go through the motions, if we just sit on our hands and tell ourselves it can't happen, it most certainly never will by those means.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

jlauro said:
Viper1 said:
The validity of any petition that is targeted by the very fans relevant to the petition is limited. Capcom already knows the fans will buy it. They do their own market research to find this stuff out anyway.

Ok, let's say your an exec, what does 10,000 signatures from an online petition that takes 10 second to sign by the games very same fanbase suggest in terms of retail sales globally?

What is the anticipated rate of return on investment?

What artwork and game code can be saved to reduce costs?

What resources will have to be allocated to develop the title?

What financial losses will be incurred by reallocating those resources from current projects?

What is the final development cost?

What is the marketing cost?

What is the distribution cost?

And more. Thankfully Capcom publishes most of their own games or else it would get twice as complicated.

10,000 signatures means it will likely sell 100,000 with minimum marketing. There is over 21K, so it will liekly sell over 210,000. Given the sales of RE4 on the wii, these can be considered minimum, as actual sales would likely be larger than RE4 for the wii.

I am guessing they would want to see closer to 50,000 signatures to consider it worth while porting effort. As mentioned, it's easier to port to a higer end system than it is to port to a lower end system.

What do you base your 10x extrapolation upon?  What correlation do you have?

I'm quite certain the game could sell 500k+ but I don't draw that number from signature totals on an internet peition and neither will Capcom. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

What do you base your 10x extrapolation upon? What correlation do you have?

I'm quite certain the game could sell 500k+ but I don't draw that number from signature totals on an internet peition and neither will Capcom.

I wish I could remember the source, but basically it's understood, that in general, at least 100x for hand written letters, and 10x for electronic signitures is fairly common conservative extrapolations, assuming there is preventions from ballot stuffing.  The site does make sure each e-mail address is valid and not duplicate.

Ah, Viper, so bitter on the matter, just learn how to dream and give things a chance, you might be surprised.

ITs not on the console because the hardware isnt idea for it.

Playstation Network - Abrader

Resident Evil as an IP is ideal for the Wii due to the controls. However Resident Evil 5 isn't.

Ah, but things can change. they can change. hehe.