By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident evil 5 wii petition

jhlennon1 said:
Gelmer said:
So does anyone think Capcom will take a serious look at this petition?

No they wont. Capcom already know that Nintendo fans want RE5 but it just ain't happening. You may get another RE game though but Nintendo fans need to face facts that their hardware is going to prevent this game from ever coming. Simple as that.

That's where the beauty of downgrading comes in MAh Boy!

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network
jhlennon1 said:
Gelmer said:

No they wont. Capcom already know that Nintendo fans want RE5 but it just ain't happening. You may get another RE game though but Nintendo fans need to face facts that their hardware is going to prevent this game from ever coming. Simple as that.

bah, your two last sentences are disturbing...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Gelmer said:
jhlennon1 said:
Gelmer said:

There is far more to it than a simple downgrade.  Every texture must be redeisgned, all polygon models must be redesigned, all effects must be reprogrammed, etc....you can't just downscale the resolution and presto.  

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Gelmer said:
jhlennon1 said:
Gelmer said:

The game would have to be stripped naked to work on the Wii. That's not downgrading, that's butchering.

There is plenty of time to make it happen and with all the ground work out of the way for the product being made for the PS3 and 360, I don't see it being too big a hassle. A year, maybe two years, that's all. It doesn't matter how much work it is, when they know they'll be making their money back several fold its a sure fire thing. We're only seeing one main series Resident Evil game a generation now anyway, that's plenty of time to wait no matter how you slice it.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network

Gelmer, the biggest problem is funding and resource allocation is already tied up for the next 2-3 years. Where are they going to get the development team? I'll be damned if they'd outsource it to Tose instead of working on it in-house but that's what would happen if they tried to fit a Wii RE5 into their schedule.

I think you assume a bit too much about just how tied up they are at Capcom, you're analysis sounds more like a personal summation/speculation than fact I'm afraid. It might be true, but your deduction sounds little more than you looking at what games are being worked on vs what teams you know of and using your own math to make the conclusion. Perhaps you are right but seeing as how the Wii is fast becomming their meal ticket I think they could make it happen.

Gelmer, it comes from having lots of friends in the industry and being an executive for an entertainment network that has allowed me to gain a new perspective over the years how video game development takes place.

While I agree that resources are being reallocated as we speak, it won't be done so due to the actions of a petition. I'm sorry but that's just how it is.

Viper1 said:
Gelmer, it comes from having lots of friends in the industry and being an executive for an entertainment network that has allowed me to gain a new perspective over the years how video game development takes place.

While I agree that resources are being reallocated as we speak, it won't be done so due to the actions of a petition. I'm sorry but that's just how it is.

Not being done due to the actions of a petition does not mean it will not be done, only that if done, it will likely be done for other reasons.

Although a petition should not be blindly followed, an executive who totaly ignores a petition with tens of thousands of names should be fired.

The validity of any petition that is targeted by the very fans relevant to the petition is limited. Capcom already knows the fans will buy it. They do their own market research to find this stuff out anyway.

Ok, let's say your an exec, what does 10,000 signatures from an online petition that takes 10 second to sign by the games very same fanbase suggest in terms of retail sales globally?

What is the anticipated rate of return on investment?

What artwork and game code can be saved to reduce costs?

What resources will have to be allocated to develop the title?

What financial losses will be incurred by reallocating those resources from current projects?

What is the final development cost?

What is the marketing cost?

What is the distribution cost?

And more. Thankfully Capcom publishes most of their own games or else it would get twice as complicated.