By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 A little TOO overrated!

Garnett said:
ECC said:
sensitivity does not fix all the problems with the aiming..

i agree with the OP.

I agree,aiming is HORRIBLE,They need to patch it asap.

Funny how there are more threads than just mine going around of how KZ2 isnt that great.

Yeah, people on the internet complaining. Who would have thought.

On another note i don't have any problems with finding out the death of the enemies. It even shows it in the corner (who just killed who etc)

I find the multiplayer much above most other games. It's epic.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

Wow, everyone is coming out and giving a review on Kz2. People really need to play the first KZ or Youtube the cut scenes to get the gist of the story.

What is getting overrated is kz2 reviews and people complaining it's too hard or not COD4/Gears. Time to get over it!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Hmm. The multiplayer does have a couple of issues, but it's very good overall. Hopefully they'll change some of these. People take too much damage before dying! Hopefully this improves with better weapons...

And the lack of auto aim really hurts in the multiplayer. Ah well, it just takes some getting used to.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

LOL @ the aiming. Got me at first but it was manageable. You're all getting the same feel of the aiming like the other players, so you're all on the same ground. Then the word mastery comes in here. :D

At first I hated the controls and couldn't shoot a damn thing. Actually I still hate the bloody controls but not as much now as I am beginning to get more comfortable with it.

Maybe that's where I am different from some people. Rather than throw the remote out the window and curse the game ( Ok I did curse the game) and take it back to the store, I took it as a challenge to see how quickly my mastery of the controls can be achived.

There are many players online - it seems like pratically everyone online, that seem to have no difficulty killing me. Is it that their hand/eye co-ordination is better than mine. Or perhaps they have a bigger brain and they pick up stuff (like new control setups) so much quicker.

Maybe, but in the end I'll get there. You hear that? I am coming for ya.

Around the Network

Lol you guys are great....thanks for your opinions as I am in no way bashing this game at all it is great...I like the game just not as much as other FPS like Battlefield, Fear, Halo etc....

Now the controls are not horrible in my opinion their ok...just as I said in my OP...I just feel they couldve made them a little better...Im already use to the controls and the movement in the game so that is no problem....

And for --OkeyDokey--

Fear 2 is NOT a bad game I dont know what your talking about and I do not have bad taste in FPS....I have COD 4, COD WAW, FEAR 2, KILLZONE 2, BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY just to name a few....FPS is my favorite genre in viddeogames so if I have bad taste millions of others do also....Fear 2 is just entertaining me more at the moment...it's not all about graphics to me or realistic movements...

Maybe I should go back to part one and re-do the game and find out the story...so it can refresh my memory....

once again thanks guys for your opinions

star_city said:
JoHnNyFr3sC0 said:

Yes I might get flammed alot for this but I got Killzone 2 on thursday and I dont see the big fuzz surrounding the game....mind you I only own a Ps3 so I am in NO WAY a 360 or Wii Fanboy sooooooo....I pop the game in and of course the first thing that hits me are what? The games beautiful graphics....I start playing the game however and my impressions change...after about 3 hours of just playing the single player campaign and another 8 hours or so online...I have come up with a list of things I like and dislike about the game....

Graphics...of course best I have ever seen! Even online in Multiplayer...

The Single Player Campaign even though it is relatively on the short side...

The guns look awesome and the player physics and animations when you shoot and kill them are realistic...

Multiplayer has alot of people playing and it also rewards you ALOT...with medals and ribbons...which helps you unlock various weapons, classes, and "perks"

Dislikes:

The controls are ok not great...I guess since it's suppose to be "realistic"...I switched the default controls to Alternative 2(Its Like COD)...and I still find them a bit sluggish...The covering system is not the best...at times I just get stuck behind cover without being able to shoot for some weird reason...I would peak out but aiming and shooting alot harder while trying to keep in cover...

The Single Players campaign story SUCKS...like wow Im not even finished with the game and I still dont understand whats going on or our purpose for being in this planet...it doesnt have me attached to the story as COD 4 did...

The game lacks weapons...seriously!!!! You get your basic guns machine gun, pistol, shotgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle, flame thrower...etc but I feel this game should have had alot more guns like Halo or Cod...especially online! in which you are force to unlock them...

The games Multiplayer has really failed to impress me...While it has some modes like your basic team deathmatch, capture a "flag", search and destroy and etc....everyone online is usually never paying mind to the objectives and are just out shooting eachother like it's a deathmatch only...

When playing team Deathmatch the game ends way too fast...especially if their are 32 players playing!

Aiming in multiplayer is horrible! people move way faster than you can aim....maybe you can fix this with the aim sensitivity!

The worst part about multiplayer online is.....It takes like A MILLION SHOTS to kill someone WHY? I always thought COD WAW was too fake....but this is worst! especially a game which wants to be so realistic!

Last when in Multiplayer sometimes when you kill someone you dont really know you have killed them unless...1) you hear the noise that pops up letting you know that you did...or 2) you see the guy you were shooting at die....problem is sometimes the animation takes too long to actually show you that you killed them...only after you have died you seen that you actually killed him too!

These are my likes and dislikes about this game...I think all the hype that surrounded the game...made me higher my expectations for it...it has failed me in sooooo many ways...while I still enjoyed the game I was searching for a out of this world experience that I have never felt before...and this game just did'nt do it for me...the worst part is that I am Playing Fear 2 and I love this game more than Killzone 2....I guess the Graphics and Realistic movement and animations just did'nt cut it for me :(

This is just my opinion there are people who love this game obviously...I just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys! Thanks for reading...Sorry I know it was long :p

1. did you play the first one to know the story?

2. you been comparing cod to killzone and in cod you still have to unlock weapons..and there is ALOT of weapons ALOT...

3. everyone? seriously everyone?...in ANY GAME there is always a group that ingnores the objective...not the games fault..

4. cough:

5. yes you can easily fix it with the sensitivity

6. it takes alot more shots to kill someone in Halo and Gears...alot more

7. yea your right

there in order of highlighted....yea your expectations didnt allow you to enjoy it that much....its like a girl you like for a long time and you thought she was the best....till you started dating her and you realize lil small things you wouldnt notice with other girls just b/c you expected more from her.....get it?

srry this has been getting on my nerves, you dont have to quote wut the original text said we all know what u are responding to

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

it's a shame you're not enjoying this as much as some. for me, it is the most perfect game i have played, on any console ever.

immersive, well constructed, realistic in animation. the way they the enemy reacts to you and your bullets is beautiful. the battles are gritty and hard fought giving you a sense of achievement after every skirmish. the level of control you have over your character adds to all this, allowing you to duck and weave, hide and fire.

the absolute only gripe i have about the game - lack of toggle for running. i just want to press and hold to run and let go to stop.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

JoHnNyFr3sC0 said:
Lol you guys are great....thanks for your opinions as I am in no way bashing this game at all it is great...I like the game just not as much as other FPS like Battlefield, Fear, Halo etc....

Now the controls are not horrible in my opinion their ok...just as I said in my OP...I just feel they couldve made them a little better...Im already use to the controls and the movement in the game so that is no problem....

And for --OkeyDokey--

Fear 2 is NOT a bad game I dont know what your talking about and I do not have bad taste in FPS....I have COD 4, COD WAW, FEAR 2, KILLZONE 2, BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY just to name a few....FPS is my favorite genre in viddeogames so if I have bad taste millions of others do also....Fear 2 is just entertaining me more at the moment...it's not all about graphics to me or realistic movements...

Maybe I should go back to part one and re-do the game and find out the story...so it can refresh my memory....

once again thanks guys for your opinions

Contradiction

No but seriously, CoD4 and Killzone 2 are excellent, CoD:WaW and Bad Company are very good, FEAR 2...no comment.

It was scary, but as an FPS it failed. Miserably.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

well the game is pretty much like any other shooter..in both the good and the bad things , maybe it does a few minor things better but doesent change the overall impression of having it all seen before ,so yes its overrated