By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 A little TOO overrated!

Yes I might get flammed alot for this but I got Killzone 2 on thursday and I dont see the big fuzz surrounding the game....mind you I only own a Ps3 so I am in NO WAY a 360 or Wii Fanboy sooooooo....I pop the game in and of course the first thing that hits me are what? The games beautiful graphics....I start playing the game however and my impressions change...after about 3 hours of just playing the single player campaign and another 8 hours or so online...I have come up with a list of things I like and dislike about the game....

Graphics...of course best I have ever seen! Even online in Multiplayer...

The Single Player Campaign even though it is relatively on the short side...

The guns look awesome and the player physics and animations when you shoot and kill them are realistic...

Multiplayer has alot of people playing and it also rewards you ALOT...with medals and ribbons...which helps you unlock various weapons, classes, and "perks"

Dislikes:

The controls are ok not great...I guess since it's suppose to be "realistic"...I switched the default controls to Alternative 2(Its Like COD)...and I still find them a bit sluggish...The covering system is not the best...at times I just get stuck behind cover without being able to shoot for some weird reason...I would peak out but aiming and shooting alot harder while trying to keep in cover...

The Single Players campaign story SUCKS...like wow Im not even finished with the game and I still dont understand whats going on or our purpose for being in this planet...it doesnt have me attached to the story as COD 4 did...

The game lacks weapons...seriously!!!! You get your basic guns machine gun, pistol, shotgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle, flame thrower...etc but I feel this game should have had alot more guns like Halo or Cod...especially online! in which you are force to unlock them in a much slower rate than COD...

The games Multiplayer has really failed to impress me...While it has some modes like your basic team deathmatch, capture a "flag", search and destroy and etc....alot of people online are usually never paying mind to the objectives and are just out shooting eachother like it's a deathmatch only...

When playing team Deathmatch the game ends way too fast...especially if their are 32 players playing!

Aiming in multiplayer is horrible! people move way faster than you can aim....maybe you can fix this with the aim sensitivity!

The worst part about multiplayer online is.....It takes like A MILLION SHOTS to kill someone WHY? I always thought COD WAW was too fake....but this is worst! You can waste a whole gun clip on one person! sad especially for a game which wants to be so realistic!

Also I do not like how you can shoot your own teammates...maybe other people like this but I hate when my own teammates get in the way(especially in a heated gun battle) and I am force to stop shooting for fear of killing my own friends.

Last when in Multiplayer sometimes when you kill someone you dont really know you have killed them unless...1) you hear the noise that pops up letting you know that you did...or 2) you see the guy you were shooting at die....problem is sometimes the animation takes too long to actually show you that you killed them...only after you have died you seen that you actually killed him too!

These are my likes and dislikes about this game...I think all the hype that surrounded the game...made me higher my expectations for it...it has failed me in sooooo many ways...while I still enjoyed the game I was searching for a out of this world experience that I have never felt before...and this game just did'nt do it for me...the worst part is that I am Playing Fear 2 and I love this game more than Killzone 2....I guess the Graphics and Realistic movement and animations just did'nt cut it for me :(

This is just my opinion there are people who love this game obviously...I just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys! Thanks for reading...Sorry I know it was long :p

Around the Network
JoHnNyFr3sC0 said:

Yes I might get flammed alot for this but I got Killzone 2 on thursday and I dont see the big fuzz surrounding the game....mind you I only own a Ps3 so I am in NO WAY a 360 or Wii Fanboy sooooooo....I pop the game in and of course the first thing that hits me are what? The games beautiful graphics....I start playing the game however and my impressions change...after about 3 hours of just playing the single player campaign and another 8 hours or so online...I have come up with a list of things I like and dislike about the game....

Graphics...of course best I have ever seen! Even online in Multiplayer...

The Single Player Campaign even though it is relatively on the short side...

The guns look awesome and the player physics and animations when you shoot and kill them are realistic...

Multiplayer has alot of people playing and it also rewards you ALOT...with medals and ribbons...which helps you unlock various weapons, classes, and "perks"

Dislikes:

The controls are ok not great...I guess since it's suppose to be "realistic"...I switched the default controls to Alternative 2(Its Like COD)...and I still find them a bit sluggish...The covering system is not the best...at times I just get stuck behind cover without being able to shoot for some weird reason...I would peak out but aiming and shooting alot harder while trying to keep in cover...

The Single Players campaign story SUCKS...like wow Im not even finished with the game and I still dont understand whats going on or our purpose for being in this planet...it doesnt have me attached to the story as COD 4 did...

The game lacks weapons...seriously!!!! You get your basic guns machine gun, pistol, shotgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle, flame thrower...etc but I feel this game should have had alot more guns like Halo or Cod...especially online! in which you are force to unlock them...

The games Multiplayer has really failed to impress me...While it has some modes like your basic team deathmatch, capture a "flag", search and destroy and etc....everyone online is usually never paying mind to the objectives and are just out shooting eachother like it's a deathmatch only...

When playing team Deathmatch the game ends way too fast...especially if their are 32 players playing!

Aiming in multiplayer is horrible! people move way faster than you can aim....maybe you can fix this with the aim sensitivity!

The worst part about multiplayer online is.....It takes like A MILLION SHOTS to kill someone WHY? I always thought COD WAW was too fake....but this is worst! especially a game which wants to be so realistic!

Last when in Multiplayer sometimes when you kill someone you dont really know you have killed them unless...1) you hear the noise that pops up letting you know that you did...or 2) you see the guy you were shooting at die....problem is sometimes the animation takes too long to actually show you that you killed them...only after you have died you seen that you actually killed him too!

These are my likes and dislikes about this game...I think all the hype that surrounded the game...made me higher my expectations for it...it has failed me in sooooo many ways...while I still enjoyed the game I was searching for a out of this world experience that I have never felt before...and this game just did'nt do it for me...the worst part is that I am Playing Fear 2 and I love this game more than Killzone 2....I guess the Graphics and Realistic movement and animations just did'nt cut it for me :(

This is just my opinion there are people who love this game obviously...I just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys! Thanks for reading...Sorry I know it was long :p

1. did you play the first one to know the story?

2. you been comparing cod to killzone and in cod you still have to unlock weapons..and there is ALOT of weapons ALOT...

3. everyone? seriously everyone?...in ANY GAME there is always a group that ingnores the objective...not the games fault..

4. cough:

5. yes you can easily fix it with the sensitivity

6. it takes alot more shots to kill someone in Halo and Gears...alot more

7. yea your right

there in order of highlighted....yea your expectations didnt allow you to enjoy it that much....its like a girl you like for a long time and you thought she was the best....till you started dating her and you realize lil small things you wouldnt notice with other girls just b/c you expected more from her.....get it?

Currently waiting on : killzone 2 and everything else after it..day one purchase baby

@Star_City

there in order of highlighted....yea your expectations didnt allow you to enjoy it that much....its like a girl you like for a long time and you thought she was the best....till you started dating her and you realize lil small things you wouldnt notice with other girls just b/c you expected more from her.....get it?

I Like that...I like lol...it explains exactly how it all went down....

Now...

Also played the first one but that was how long ago? 2005 or something and I got BAD MEMORY

Halo cant be compared to this game online because let's see in Halo you have Armor and also powerups which you can pick up to have health boosts...in Killzone 2 you dont have this super armor...and it takes almost your whole guns clip to kill one person...

and the sensitivity does not fix all the problems with the aiming...

Star City is right. Especially the first one, you didn't play the first one to understand the story.

For me, I am used to shooting now.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

@NicholasCage

Maybe if the first one was'nt metiocore...I wouldve remembered the story...as I played the game....

Around the Network

Actually it is overrated.

It's a good game, but people are expecting it to be god's saviour from heaven. So even if it's a good, solid shooter with great visuals, it will never live up to the hype.

@bugrimmar

Thank you...thats all I am saying...that I was led to believe it would deliver more than it did...

It's a great FPS with the best graphics but thats not all I look for in a game...

sensitivity does not fix all the problems with the aiming..

i agree with the OP.

As crazy as this sounds, I personally think it's underrated. FPS usually bore me to tears. KZ2 is the only one that I've ever enjoyed, to my amazement. But because I'm not a big FPS fan, you can take that for what little it's worth.

As opposed to being just overrated enough?

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.