By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ever purchased a console for just one game?

i bought a Gamecube just for Eternal Darkness, great decision, that game is still wicked awesome!

Around the Network

psp for crisis core

the GC for Metroid Prime 1......it was worth it! (quite possibly) the best game ever made!

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

wow im the only one to say this. I got my Xbox for Halo and Halo 2. THose games are some of my favorites and that was one of the best decisions i ever made

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I bought a Xbox 360 for Star Ocean: The Last Hope and an NDS for Suikoden Tierkreis.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

Around the Network

No system is worth buying for only one game. If you absolutely MUST play the game there are still ways you can rent or borrow systems, and frankly missing one game never killed anybody.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

360 for Deadrising and Monster hunter Tri for Wii

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

DS for mario 64 DS. but now i also got N+ for chrismas and fire emblem: shadow dragon loke like it's right up my alley.

Nah, it's a waste of money buying a console just for one game. I usually buy a console when there's about 5 or more games I want to try out.

Xbox for Shenmue II

Was very worth it for my fave game series ever even if it's never completed.

And just as a bonus it came with JSRF and GT2002 but still would have bought it if it didn't come with those because I love Shenmue that much,Good thing JSRF is freaking awesome(course later I bought other games and maybe the only Xbox 1 owner without Halo since I hate that series)