By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ever purchased a console for just one game?

BeTa77 said:
Why would you buy a PS3 just for GT5 prologue? its not even the full game!

I think he bought PS3 anticipating the release of GT5, not the Prologue. Kind of like my friend bought PSP 3 years ago anticipating the release of Gran Turismo Portable.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
wfz said:
I bought a Game Gear when I was younger just to play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on it.

It's a pity, considering I could never get passed that damn second level with the hang glider (or whatever it was).

....You are my identical twin.

actually we're triplets......originally part of octuplets the rest of whom were aborted to encourage our strong fetal growth.... we were accomplices in murder before the day we were even born

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

I have seen games I wanted, but I have one rule - if I don't see 5 games out or coming soon for a system, I will not buy it. Anyone that buys one based on potential is really taking a gamble. People ask me all the time about buying a system - and I ask them what games they like. If they say one in the future, I'm like 'Wait until it comes out then.'

PS1 for FF7 - I ended up with only 3 games for it (u can guess the 2 others )

I got my Wii for Nintendo. I'm pretty sure that counts!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network

Haha, I did the same.  I bought it for GT5, and the bloody things STILL not out!!  I'm not too bitter though, I've had plenty other AAA games to tide me over till then!

The dude abides   

Necrobumping = no no

Never did that. I want variety in my systems. Buying any system for 1 game makes that a very expensive game. Even if Atlus announced P5 tomorrow for PS3 only, it wouldn't make me go out and buy a PS3- I can't justify the aggregated $160 ($300 system among 3 games + $60 for game) cost for it.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...