By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My Bioshock (360) review

You are able to read everything back but it ruins the flow for me and that is why I deducted the .5 as it is my only issue so far. I mean the game has so much story that it is very noticiable for me or I would say anyone that tries to use the subtitles. Again most will not be affected by this as subtitles is off by default. I have read about 15 Bioshock reviews and some where long though I think only once was this mentioned as an issue. Again it ruins the flow so the game drops down slightly for me.

Around the Network
scorptile said:
id suggest if you dont wanna buy a 360 to play this game you can buy it for the pc which gameplay wise will be much more precise and more fun. and youc an download a demo of the game for free via steam.

Do you honestly think there are people that don't know it's also available for the PC?  This thread is a review of the 360 version so please stop trying to derail it or start some kind of flame war by saying it's "more fun" on the PC.

lol, the pipe dream mini-game got boring after the second time just in the demo. I can't imagine doing it through the entire game, or at least have a bunch of different puzzles that could show up rather than just 100% pipe dream.

elnino334 said:
You are able to read everything back but it ruins the flow for me and that is why I deducted the .5 as it is my only issue so far. I mean the game has so much story that it is very noticiable for me or I would say anyone that tries to use the subtitles. Again most will not be affected by this as subtitles is off by default. I have read about 15 Bioshock reviews and some where long though I think only once was this mentioned as an issue. Again it ruins the flow so the game drops down slightly for me.

Oh my god, that was one of the worst parts of the demo because I like subtitles in case I miss a part of the dialog, I can read and listen to it at the same time. The subtitles are so horrendously out of sync, when there is a pause in the demo before a character says his or her dialog, subtitles come up for said dialog 5-10 seconds before the character says anything and then dissapears around the time the character starts the actual dialog.

IllegalPaladin said:
lol, the pipe dream mini-game got boring after the second time just in the demo. I can't imagine doing it through the entire game, or at least have a bunch of different puzzles that could show up rather than just 100% pipe dream.

Ugh, I loved the Pipe Dream mini game at first and continued to be cool for the first 10 or so hours but it just got old.  It got interesting when they did sneaky things like if you immediatly didn't move the first pipe connected to the start you couldn't win or throw in a few that were impossible to win no matter what you did but there's just so much hacking to do in that game that there' no way it couldn't get old.  

At least towards the end I didn't really have a need for money any more (full on everything since I mainly used my wrench which also happened to give me health and eve) so I just ended up buying them all out.  I suppose I'll at some point just go and spend all my money on a slot machine just to get that achievement.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Ugh, I loved the Pipe Dream mini game at first and continued to be cool for the first 10 or so hours but it just got old. It got interesting when they did sneaky things like if you immediatly didn't move the first pipe connected to the start you couldn't win or throw in a few that were impossible to win no matter what you did but there's just so much hacking to do in that game that there' no way it couldn't get old.

At least towards the end I didn't really have a need for money any more (full on everything since I mainly used my wrench which also happened to give me health and eve) so I just ended up buying them all out. I suppose I'll at some point just go and spend all my money on a slot machine just to get that achievement.

Ah good, at least they mixed it up a little bit, but I still find it boring. Then again, you love pipe dream more than me anyway.

In the demo, you could just pay to hack the bots. Is this not available in the full version?

IllegalPaladin said:
twesterm said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Ugh, I loved the Pipe Dream mini game at first and continued to be cool for the first 10 or so hours but it just got old. It got interesting when they did sneaky things like if you immediatly didn't move the first pipe connected to the start you couldn't win or throw in a few that were impossible to win no matter what you did but there's just so much hacking to do in that game that there' no way it couldn't get old.

At least towards the end I didn't really have a need for money any more (full on everything since I mainly used my wrench which also happened to give me health and eve) so I just ended up buying them all out. I suppose I'll at some point just go and spend all my money on a slot machine just to get that achievement.

Ah good, at least they mixed it up a little bit, but I still find it boring. Then again, you love pipe dream more than me anyway.

I rocked the crap out of pipe dream as a kid. 

BrainBoxLtd said:

Reading your gameplay section of the review, it sounds like the game has a lot of pacing issues. For me, it's always a bad thing when a game reaches a point when you're just rushing for the end because you've "been there, done that".

I have a question, you mention the splicers all being the same. So do none of them ever use Plasmids against you? 
What about the daddies? Can they use plasmids. 

yes they use plasmids, ive had quite a few teleport around while shooting fireballs at me

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Dolla Dolla said:
In the demo, you could just pay to hack the bots. Is this not available in the full version?

Ya you can

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.