By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My Bioshock (360) review

azzer100 said:
@twesterm

Nice work! I throughly enjoyed ur review and I dont know why but I trust you. Im definally going to get this game now. cheers!

Any chance of you doing a Metriod Prime 3 review? or better yet make this a regular feature?

Thanks!

If I finish the game (or get close to it) I'll write one generally.  I don't know about feature, but I'll generally write a review for a game I feel strongly about one or the other or if I just want to get something off my chest about it.  If there was a review section here (hint hint) I would happily submit reviews as I play games. 

Until then, here are some other random reviews I can still find (mainly Wii ones because I made them for a Wii site for the most part): 

Wii Sports
Super Paper Mario
Planet Puzzle League
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

Around the Network
scorptile said:
id suggest if you dont wanna buy a 360 to play this game you can buy it for the pc which gameplay wise will be much more precise and more fun. and youc an download a demo of the game for free via steam.

I haven't tried the PC version so you can take this with a grain of salt if you wish but I honestly don't think there's enough difference between the two to make the PC version that much better.

For looks, you can get a higher resolution but this game already looks great on the 360.  It's like saying how do you say which sunrise is more beautiful?

As far as gameplay the controller actually works fine on this game.  Aiming is pretty easy and most splicers don't move quick enough for it to be an issue (for me at least and I'm bad at FPS games--especially console ones).  As an added bonus the 360 version actually has an autoaim feature that trains the reticle to the target after the first shot so that's a plus.  For a game like FEAR or HL2 I would of course recommend the PC version but it doesn't make much of a difference with this.

Also, there are only two weapons you really need to be accurate with: the revolver and the crossbow.  Other than that, plasmids have a decent sized area of effect, the shotgun and machine guns spread, and then you have things like chemical and grenade launchers which need no accuracy. 

Im looking forward to your Metroid Prime 3 review (if you have the game) :)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Thanks for a great review. I just want to ask if you know if there are multiple endings or not. Does your decision of whether or not to save the little sisters have any consequences or have any effect on the outcome of the game?

carlos710 said:
Im looking forward to your Metroid Prime 3 review (if you have the game) :)

Not yet, I want to get it when I'm through with Bioshock.  Either I'm able to get my copy of Bioshock to work tonight and I'll be able to kill the final boss (I'm like right there ;_;) or my buddies copy of Bioshock won't work and I'll just have to leave the game unfinished, either way I'm I'll be through with Bioshock tonight and I'll more than likely pick up MP3 tomorrow.

Only sad thing is I have to sell some of my movie collection and probably a game or two to buy it.  >_>

Around the Network

twesterm, you know that you can add the user review actual to the game here on the site?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/addrevfaq.php?type=Review&id=7023

phillipcaesar said:
Thanks for a great review. I just want to ask if you know if there are multiple endings or not. Does your decision of whether or not to save the little sisters have any consequences or have any effect on the outcome of the game?

Sadly I cannot beat the game at the moment due to freezing issues (I'm stuck right at the last boss ;_;) but I know that how you interact with the little sisters affects how some aspects of the game play out, though only some dialogue as far as I've seen (and won't go beyond that so I don't spoil anything).  There are definite pluses and minuses to rescuing and harvesting the little sisters and is one of the main reasons that you will want to play the game multiple times.

Just_Ben said:
twesterm, you know that you can add the user review actual to the game here on the site?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/addrevfaq.php?type=Review&id=7023

I did not actually.  Thanks (I'm pretty oblivious to most of the features on this site).

Just to add in my experience with Bioshock it has been a blast. I personally don't use the chambers much as I pause and save before any big battle such as fighthing the Big Daddy etc. The tonics really make a huge difference and make the game alot easier. My fiancee and I really enjoying the story so far. Even after a few hours of playing I knew I would be playing it again to try and do things differently. Currently playing on normal and it is fairly easy because of the tonics as I mentioned. Will play it again on hard for the achievement and to get a different ending by harvesting the little sisters rather then saving them.

If I had to give the game a rating right now as I am half way I think it would be a 9.5 out of 10 with my only complain so far is the danm subtitles often do not sync with the voices. I am sure most people don't have an issue with this but I turned it on so I can make sure to get the whole story and it drives me nuts when it doesn't follow along. Other than that I have truly enoyed Bioshock so far :)

elnino334 said:
If I had to give the game a rating right now as I am half way I think it would be a 9.5 out of 10 with my only complain so far is the danm subtitles often do not sync with the voices. I am sure most people don't have an issue with this but I turned it on so I can make sure to get the whole story and it drives me nuts when it doesn't follow along. Other than that I have truly enoyed Bioshock so far :)

I completely forgot to comment on that.  I haven't used the subtitles (personally don't like subtitles) but the voices in the game are very quiet and very hard to hear for the most part.  I had to turn down the volume on everything except the voices to about 80% in order to hear them and it was still hard sometimes.  This isn't something I would decrease points for (though I understand the frustration of off subtitles) but it's a nice hint for anyone else that gets angry they can't always hear the dialogue.