By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is KZ2 Good Value For Your Money?

If you guy by that logic then apparently CoD 4 wasnt worth the money either....which of course is a big steaming pile of BS. KZ2 will be worth it

Around the Network
Wyku said:
Okay, so it's about what other big name FPS' are at for length, but does that make it any better? Is the FPS single player campaign even important anymore? From reports I've read on the latest COD games a lot of people don't even bother playing the single player campaign, let alone finish it. Would you still pay top tier price for the next KZ/Gears/Halo/COD if it were strictly multiplayer?

I think the single player is very important, but not necessarily the length.  In my opinion, Call of Duty 4 is the best single player I've played.  Also, it was the shortest at about 5 and a half hours.  Sometimes FPS's just seem to drag out the levels to increase the time it takes to complete.  They will add endless cave/tunnel sequences that really become a bit repetitive.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Wyku said:

Bokal said: Why do you even care? You seem to be an X360 only owner...

Sorry, I forgot that I can only be interested in games on systems I currently own.

Since the OP looked like a flame against the game, I think you made the thread not because you're interested about the value of a game you don't think of buying anyway but only to be able to flame an awesome game on the PS3.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Bokal said:
Wyku said:

Bokal said: Why do you even care? You seem to be an X360 only owner...

Sorry, I forgot that I can only be interested in games on systems I currently own.

Since the OP looked like a flame against the game, I think you made the thread not because you're interested about the value of a game you don't think of buying anyway but only to be able to flame an awesome game on the PS3.

Well, I think the OP should have made this thread in the Gaming section and target all multiplayer FPS/TPS games instead of focusing on Killzone 2. It really is a flame bait thread otherwise.

OT: I just got into FPS and I've only played the first section of CoD:WaW solo campaign. All my time has been devoted to the multiplayer aspect. So, yes, for me it is worthwhile to pay full price for a multiplayer game that is fun.

DLC for CoD:WaW is coming out soon and will probably be around $10 for 4 new maps. That doesn't seem worth it to me... but I'll get it anyway because that's the cost of gaming.

I hope that Killzone 2 gives me many long hours of fun multiplayer fun.

cod4 co5 r1 r2 i jumped into multi 1st

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

took me like ... 14 hours maybe ? the thing is, once you start the game, you'll have a hard time quitting it XD it's so damn fucking good. The levels have a good replayability simply because you wanna play through them again and the multiplayer is insane !

Check out my game about moles ^

When have you ever played a FPS single player that is a super long game? I mean really, the first gears game was not much longer then 6 hours, neither was COD4 or any of the other recent FPS games.

The real draw of this game is the multiplayer which is friggin awesome beyond belief. I mean people paid 60 bucks for left for dead which more or less had no single player game and multiplayer that, while fun, was nowhere near as deep as KZ2.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Wyku said:
Okay, so it's about what other big name FPS' are at for length, but does that make it any better? Is the FPS single player campaign even important anymore? From reports I've read on the latest COD games a lot of people don't even bother playing the single player campaign, let alone finish it. Would you still pay top tier price for the next KZ/Gears/Halo/COD if it were strictly multiplayer?

WHAT???!?!?!?....COD has SINGLE player campaign???...WTFFF!!!!!!!!@@@@@####$$>>>>!......i gotta try it out...

i'd still pay top tier price for single player....i never play any of the single player campaigns on any of the shooter....i go straight into the multiplayer...dont even play a single sec of any of my fps...unless i get a trophy out of it.....

i feel like playing against bots when i play single player campaign...and i hate playing against bots...

CoD:WaW single campaign takes under 5 hours to beat....(someone that knows the game can probably do it in normal mode under 3 hours..)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

CGI-Quality said:
To be fair to the OP, some FPS games DO have fairly long campaigns along with a great multiplayer, ala: Resistance: Fall of Man

In all honesty, I'd rather play a longer campaign, but if what Staude/makingmusic and others have said about KZ2's campaign is true, there's LOTS to look forward to.

it is ! XD

Check out my game about moles ^