By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is KZ2 Good Value For Your Money?

A 6 hour game is fine as long as the focus of the game is on multiplayer. If it were a single player only game, I would be worried but since it's not, it's not a huge deal as long as people understand it isn't a single player game.

Around the Network

Call of Duty 4 has one of the best single player campaigns ever (IMO) and that was only 6 hours, it is far better than something lasting 10 hours that sucks. Anyway, it is likely to take 10 hours with the hardcore gamers being able to rush through.

Also, MP is going to be huge, if you head on over to Killzone.com and just see the incredbile array of stats that are going to be tracked... I am going to love this game!

CGI-Quality said:
@ Staude

Thanks man, I have 11 hours to go!!

Trust me when i say it's definately worth the wait. There were some levels that came after eachother where, in each level i would get a shock when it switched to gameplay because everything looks so stunning ! Even if it did the same thing last level it still managed to blow me away several times ! XD

I'm also going to go back and replay some of the best levels.. XD can't stop. You get addicted to this game man.

Check out my game about moles ^

Munkeh111 said:
Call of Duty 4 has one of the best single player campaigns ever (IMO) and that was only 6 hours, it is far better than something lasting 10 hours that sucks. Anyway, it is likely to take 10 hours with the hardcore gamers being able to rush through.

That's a good argument, just because it's long doesn't mean it's good.  If it makes you want to play it again then it's going to add that much more value to the game.  If it's awesome, but short, does that not make you wish it were longer though? heh

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

Wyku said:
Munkeh111 said:

That's a good argument, just because it's long doesn't mean it's good.  If it makes you want to play it again then it's going to add that much more value to the game.  If it's awesome, but short, does that not make you wish it were longer though? heh

Maybe I want more, but I feel that the story will suffer if it is extended too long, and CoD would not quite have the same punch if it were longer, it would be less dramatic, and the quality might suffer a bit if they had to stuff some extra bits in

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Wyku said:
Munkeh111 said:

Maybe I want more, but I feel that the story will suffer if it is extended too long, and CoD would not quite have the same punch if it were longer, it would be less dramatic, and the quality might suffer a bit if they had to stuff some extra bits in

I do think that COD4 could have used some more length and some more cool events to go along with all the other cool events already there.

I would agree that I wouldn't want some extremely long  and repetitive levels in there just for the sake of making the game longer.

I clocked KZ2 in 5 hours 58 minutes. here are a few reasons why.

1. I played it on the normal default skill level.
2. I didn't go out of my way to get intel, I pretty much strictly followed the path required to continue on in the game. this was made easier by the up button on the D-pad blantly showing you were you need to go.
3. The game isn't perfectly balanced, the first half of the game is considerbly easier then the second half. for the first half I died between 1 or zero times per map, the later half that went up to 8-15 times.
4. NPC buddies told you outright how to defeat a boss, so one couldn't sit there and throw themselfs at a boss trying to figure it out, its layed out in front of you.

Now the game is very intense, much like Cod4 and Cod5 (which I clocked on pc under 5 hours each on normal skill), so intense that if the game was any longer it would of been bad for me. The final fight in the game is also reasonably challenging so depending on who you are, it could take over 2 hours to nail (more so if you play on the hardest available skill level).

Worth it? I think so, there is replay value in the game, and there is multiplayer.

Unfortunately these days the campaign in an FPS seems to primarily serve as the tutorial mode for online play rather than a full-fledged game in and of itself.

I finished it at around 9 and a half hours, and I did get the trophies for beating the Heavy, the Arc Gunner, the ATAC, and Radec within certain time limits.

But the multiplayer is where the meat of the game is. It's a blast.

Well, keep in mind that you have to buy GTA4 to play Lost and Damned, am I right?

Also, you would HONESTLY replay the mission on GTA4? I beat it on PS3, and I have not doubt in my mind that I would do the missions all over again. Only point in doing the missions for me was so I can go to all 3 islands and get trophies. After I got them, I have no intention in playing it.

With Killzone 2, I can play all 4 difficulties on campaign just to see how good the AI is and maybe more trophies. Also seeing if I just missed anything interesting. Honestly, most people will play campaign twice if they are interested in Single Player. You have to beat it once to unlock the last one [I think]. Easily, that's 16-20 hours there. Then you have the option to play multi-player which is the core of most people buying the game.

Honestly, what I just said about Killzone 2 applies to all shooters, but the MP in this will be more addictive and fun than others. By the way, I've never been into FPS games until I bought a PS3 and played Resistance. Seeing as this is coming up, I will be sure to pick it up. Also, I'll be planning for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 this year also.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2